No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC Derecognizes Cotto; Title Only At Stake For Alvarez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bardock View Post
    Yah, but how is he shook when he's retired? Unless team Golovkin is trying to bring Martinez out of retirement for a fight, which I wouldn't put it past them lol
    Do you live under a rock? Shook can be "is shook" and "WAS shook".

Are you so simpleminded? Martinez was shook and never fought GGG when he got called out several times by GGG. GGG would have gladly travelled to Argentina.

Same with Sturm, he was shook half his career about having to fight GGG. Paid off WBA for a supertitle so he could dodge GGG.

Comment

• So basically Cotto paid GGG 800k for nothing...

Comment

• Originally posted by rajaomair View Post
        So basically he told the WBC that he will duck GGG, good move by the WBC then.
        Yuppppp haha. Shameful!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          He was willing to go down to 154 for Floyd because it would be a big payday.

I don't see why he won't go down to 155 for Canelo who would be the biggest payday in the sport for him right now.
          The question is, will Canelo vacate the belt if GGG insists of 160.

It wouldnt be great, but GGG honors the history of the sport and if a title is on the line he wants to fight at the real weight.

If Canelo drops the belt right after winning it he will be the biggest joke in Mexico. You think that happens? GGG is in the drivers seat there. Look at Canelo, he doesnt look healthy at 160 and now has to drop another 5 lb. He rehydrates to 170+, more than GGG. Why dont they fight at the real weight?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bardock View Post
            All Champions HAVE to pay sanctioning fees, in every championship fight, in every belt organization, ******.
            Shouldn't be the case if they're paying the WBC's new golden child 800k to step aside. Hey $300k from there. Lol

Comment

• Cotto is in a dark place right now. No confidence and an uncertain future.

Canelo's coming to whoop that ass and then move up to 160.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
                Shouldn't be the case if they're paying the WBC's new golden child 800k to step aside. Hey $300k from there. Lol
                As someone pointed out earlier, Tyson paid Lewis 4.5 million to step aside. That has nothing to do with the sanctioning fees. That was essentially Cotto's way of weaseling his way out of the GGG fight, lets not forget he has been mandatory to Cotto for a year now. Just admit your boy is a coward.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jubei View Post
                  The question is, will Canelo vacate the belt if GGG insists of 160.

It wouldnt be great, but GGG honors the history of the sport and if a title is on the line he wants to fight at the real weight.

If Canelo drops the belt right after winning it he will be the biggest joke in Mexico. You think that happens? GGG is in the drivers seat there. Look at Canelo, he doesnt look healthy at 160 and now has to drop another 5 lb. He rehydrates to 170+, more than GGG. Why dont they fight at the real weight?
                  I think Canelo will offer GGG the fight at 155 and then when Golovkin turns it down he will vacate the belt. At that point it's not his fault.

Comment

• Maybe cotto though if i win (which he won't ) im gonna drop the title if im forced to fight ggg anyways. Ill just save my money and avoid looking like i ducked ggg

Comment

• Originally posted by cotto#1p4p View Post
                      Cotto doesn't want to pay the sanctioning fees, it's that simple...he doesn't give a **** about having the title.

LOL @ the haters getting excited over Cotto being stripped
                      Cotto knew he would be stripped for not paying his sanctioning fees thus his chicken s*** way of him getting out of a Golovkin fight without his PR countrymen calling him a coward. He avoids that with this outcome. Simple really

Comment

Working...
                      X