OFFICIAL: Donald Trump thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by denium View Post
    Why not?

I enjoy chatting to people with different views to myself, i don't want to live in an echo chamber.

Yeah insults happen in a lively debate, but i give back as good as i get. It's par for the course when chatting politics on the internet.

I think that you're a good poster, but i feel you spend too much time trying to shut down the debate rather than just addressing the points made.

I say leave the moderation to the mods and just get stuck in.
    I've never once tried to shut down adult debate.

If someone can present their case in an adult manner, free of insults, name calling, etc, and they are not debating solely to 'win', I love engaging them.

But anyone I have on Ignore proved to me their complete inability to engage in adult debate, concede points, read opposing source citations, etc.

At that point I know I'm dealing with an intellectual brick wall, and thus I am fine with them.

And as you have seen, I've never once put someone on Ignore without giving them several opportunities to state their case in an adult manner. When they show they lack that ability, they are done in my book.

Now I do give second chances.

If I see someone I've put on my ignore list engaging in adult debate with others, conceding points, and no longer using repeated logical fallacies, I'll gladly remove them and once again engage them in debate.

I've just found that having e-pissing contests is a complete waste of everyone's time.

Comment

• I also will take people off Ignore for a particular exercise.

Since they'll never concede a point, i need something on the back end to motivate me to give them my time.

If someone else agrees to it, I'll gladly take one off ignore and engage them on one condition.

If the requester agrees to observe the debate, and when I rest my case if they agree I indeed proved my case, they have to place that person in their Ignore List as well..

I did this recently with Travesty at GGG-Glovekings request.

Sure enough, I proved my point while Travesty was claiming 'wins', hurling insults, etc.

Thankfully Glove honored his word and put that useless base troll on Ignore.

If you're game, and you want me to engage any superfan I have on ignore and you agree to the same condition, I'll be happy to do it again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
        Buy a dictionary and look up the definition of “coup”

Hint: this ain’t one

A coup d'état (/ˌkuː deɪˈtɑː/ (About this soundlisten); French: [ku deta]), also known by its German name putsch (/pʊtʃ/), or simply as a coup, is the overthrow of an existing government by non-democratic means; typically, it is an illegal, unconstitutional seizure of power by a dictator, the military, or a political faction.[1]

Me every time I have to reply to one of your post ..

Comment

• An agreement between the United States and China to roll back existing tariffs as part of a 'phase one' trade deal faces fierce internal opposition at the White House and from outside advisers, multiple sources familiar with the talks said.

The idea of a tariff rollback was not part of the original October “handshake” deal between Chinese Vice Premier Liu He and U.S. President Donald Trump, these sources said.

Chinese officials said earlier Thursday that tariff reductions had been agreed, and a U.S. official confirmed that that was the case.

There is a divide within the administration over whether rolling back tariffs will give away U.S. leverage in the negotiations, the sources said.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brother Mouzone View Post

A coup d'état (/ˌkuː deɪˈtɑː/ (About this soundlisten); French: [ku deta]), also known by its German name putsch (/pʊtʃ/), or simply as a coup, is the overthrow of an existing government by non-democratic means; typically, it is an illegal, unconstitutional seizure of power by a dictator, the military, or a political faction.[1]

Me every time I have to reply to one of your post ..
            The impeachment process is enshrined in the constitution and is the very epitome of democracy

In other words, the complete opposite of a coup

Comment

• Originally posted by denium View Post
              Yeah, the young turks tell nothing but the truth.....

Your dear leader relies on the stupidity of the poor saps who watch faux news and bleat “no quid pro quo!”

Comment

The impeachment process is enshrined in the constitution and is the very epitome of democracy

LOL, you are quite slow . The Russia collusion hoax and the investigation that derived (hoping Mueller would give them impeachable offenses)from it where filled with illegal actions at the highest levels of Gov.They way FISA warrants were acquired to spy on Trump's campaign to start .

The Justice Department inspector general has determined all four Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act warrants against onetime Trump campaign aide Carter Page were illegally obtained, attorney Joe diGenova said this week.

In an investigation that began last year, Inspector General Michael Horowitz examined the DOJ's and FBI's compliance with legal requirements, as well as policies and procedures in applications filed with the U.S. Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court related to Page as part of a larger counterintelligence inquiry into President Trump's campaign.
                Back in May, diGenova, a former U.S. attorney for the District of Columbia, said the three FISA warrant extensions against Page were illegally obtained, adding, "The only question now is whether or not the first FISA was illegally obtained."

Now diGenova says Horowitz made the same determination about the warrant that started it all.

“I can report categorically that the inspector general has found that all four FISA warrants were illegal. They were based on false information supplied to the FISA Court. And Michael Horowitz has concluded that all four FISA warrants were illegal,"

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...-digenova-says

Comment

• Comment

• Trump ordered to pay $2M to group of nonprofits as part of civil lawsuit

Nov. 7, 2019

President Donald Trump has been ordered by a New York State judge to pay $2 million to a group of nonprofit organizations as part of a settlement in a civil lawsuit stemming from persistent violations of state charities laws.

The payment is the final resolution to a case brought by the New York attorney general's office after the Trump Foundation held a fundraiser for military veterans during the 2016 campaign.

The televised fundraiser took in nearly $3 million in donations that were dispersed on the eve of the Iowa caucuses as directed by then-campaign chief Corey Lewandowski.

The two million must be paid by President Trump himself for breaching his fiduciary duty to properly oversee the foundation that bears his name.

"I direct Mr. Trump to pay the $2,000,000, which would have gone to the Foundation if it were still in existence, on a pro rata basis to the Approved Recipients," Judge Saliann Scarpulla wrote.

The lawsuit filed by the state's attorney general accused President Trump -- along with his children, Donald Jr., Eric and Ivanka -- of conflating charity with politics, repeatedly using charitable donations for personal, political and business gains, including legal settlements, campaign contributions and even to purchase a portrait of Trump to hang at one of his hotels..

https://abcnews.go.com/US/trump-foun...ry?id=66827235

Comment

Correct!

I don't agree with the impeachment attempt but to call it a coup attempt is idiocy. That includes this Zaid numpty.

An actual coup attempt wouldn't involve a vote in the Republican dominated Senate lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X