Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

View Poll Results: Is the winner of Ward-Kovalev P4P #1?
Yes 29 76.32%
No 8 21.05%
Triple Duck is avoiding Ward 1 2.63%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-2015, 02:02 PM #21
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1026 Post(s)
King_ has a reputation beyond reputeKing_ has a reputation beyond reputeKing_ has a reputation beyond reputeKing_ has a reputation beyond reputeKing_ has a reputation beyond reputeKing_ has a reputation beyond reputeKing_ has a reputation beyond reputeKing_ has a reputation beyond reputeKing_ has a reputation beyond reputeKing_ has a reputation beyond reputeKing_ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,051.14
Total Points: 18,466.97
Well deserved - HaglerSteelChin Another one - HaglerSteelChin herecomesthemoney.gif - HanzGruber To wipe your tears with pussy - Boxing Goat Nuthugger - Pigeons 
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. No Message - Amazinger This is better than a camels cock!. enjoy! - Amazinger Cheers to a good poster - King Krusher 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles1987 View Post
I'm pretty sure that unless Roman Gonzalez does something crazy, one of the trio of Kovalev/Ward/Golovkin will be p4p#1. There's no way Ward doesn't fight at least one of them, and he could potentially fight both of them. That's why I understand him wanting to wait around for Golovkin, but it looks like he may not be able to now. Which is a shame.

And of course if either Golovkin or Kovalev beat Andre Ward, they are the p4p #1. I don't think it's even a debate without someone else pulling off a remarkable win. Lomachenko/Rigondeaux is the only fight I can think of which could provide the same status to the winner that Ward vs. Golovkin/Kovalev would.
Roman is top 5, no doubt. Resume wise, he has one of the strongest in the sport at the moment. But its the overall accumulated body of work, I don't see any SINGLE win he could possibly get that would be bigger than a victory over Kovalev or Ward.

I agree, Lomachenko-Rigo would be the only other fight I can think of that one single win for either guy, would come close to having the same P4P implications.
King_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 02:09 PM #22
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1026 Post(s)
King_ has a reputation beyond reputeKing_ has a reputation beyond reputeKing_ has a reputation beyond reputeKing_ has a reputation beyond reputeKing_ has a reputation beyond reputeKing_ has a reputation beyond reputeKing_ has a reputation beyond reputeKing_ has a reputation beyond reputeKing_ has a reputation beyond reputeKing_ has a reputation beyond reputeKing_ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,051.14
Total Points: 18,466.97
Well deserved - HaglerSteelChin Another one - HaglerSteelChin herecomesthemoney.gif - HanzGruber To wipe your tears with pussy - Boxing Goat Nuthugger - Pigeons 
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. No Message - Amazinger This is better than a camels cock!. enjoy! - Amazinger Cheers to a good poster - King Krusher 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMiles View Post
one of the two can be crowned p4p #1 but so could GGG, Canelo, or Thurman.

Also if Gonzales beats Estrada again he would deserve to belong on top as he is now.
What victories do you think GGG, Canelo or Thurman could have that would propel them to the top of the list? (besides Ward for GGG).

Gonzalez is already up there and a Estrada/Gonzalez victory for whoever wins when that happens next year is one of the top possible victories in the sport at the moment, but I think it falls just short of a victory over Ward/Kovalev
King_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 02:41 PM #23
Neither savage nor wise.

Quoted: 5494 Post(s)
Pigeons has a reputation beyond reputePigeons has a reputation beyond reputePigeons has a reputation beyond reputePigeons has a reputation beyond reputePigeons has a reputation beyond reputePigeons has a reputation beyond reputePigeons has a reputation beyond reputePigeons has a reputation beyond reputePigeons has a reputation beyond reputePigeons has a reputation beyond reputePigeons has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,574.39
Total Points: 51,834.06
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMiles View Post
Martin Murray is one win away from becoming the #1 SMW.
James DeGale is the #1 SMW. Wins over Dirrell and potentially Bute > Abraham.

Also Badou Jack is #2 with victories over the other Dirrell and Groves.
Pigeons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 02:47 PM #24
R! K!!

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
rajaomair has a reputation beyond reputerajaomair has a reputation beyond reputerajaomair has a reputation beyond reputerajaomair has a reputation beyond reputerajaomair has a reputation beyond reputerajaomair has a reputation beyond reputerajaomair has a reputation beyond reputerajaomair has a reputation beyond reputerajaomair has a reputation beyond reputerajaomair has a reputation beyond reputerajaomair has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 527.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_ View Post
What victories do you think GGG, Canelo or Thurman could have that would propel them to the top of the list? (besides Ward for GGG).

Gonzalez is already up there and a Estrada/Gonzalez victory for whoever wins when that happens next year is one of the top possible victories in the sport at the moment, but I think it falls just short of a victory over Ward/Kovalev
I dont know about Canelo and Thurman but for GGG, here they are

Lemiux, Canelo and Lee and all 3 are very strong possibilities too. Also the fact that he will be Undisputed champ by then + 3 wins away from breaking B-hops record. + Lara if he decides to move to 160.
rajaomair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 03:00 PM #25
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2062 Post(s)
NEETzsche has a reputation beyond reputeNEETzsche has a reputation beyond reputeNEETzsche has a reputation beyond reputeNEETzsche has a reputation beyond reputeNEETzsche has a reputation beyond reputeNEETzsche has a reputation beyond reputeNEETzsche has a reputation beyond reputeNEETzsche has a reputation beyond reputeNEETzsche has a reputation beyond reputeNEETzsche has a reputation beyond reputeNEETzsche has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,630.32
Total Points: 28,658.53
Happy New Year - Freedom. Merry Christmas and Happy 2016 - Freedom. Thanks again! - MDPopescu 

kovalev-ward won't happen until late 2016 if it happens, which gives gonzalez plenty of time to rematch estrada and perhaps take on someone else like inoue or nietes. it would be pretty harsh to demote roman after a run like that
NEETzsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 03:07 PM #26
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 6983 Post(s)
Scipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 28,351.97
Total Points: 96,972.16
liar - cheeseburger agenda troll - cheeseburger 8===o - cheeseburger agenda troll - cheeseburger enjoy - -MAKAVELLI- 
- enjoy - cheeseburger **** - cheeseburger 

Ward is the #1 p4p fighter, so any fight that he's involved in will determine the p4p #1 fighter.
Scipio2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 03:15 PM #27
Perfect, but you're not

Quoted: 5420 Post(s)
M Bison has a reputation beyond reputeM Bison has a reputation beyond reputeM Bison has a reputation beyond reputeM Bison has a reputation beyond reputeM Bison has a reputation beyond reputeM Bison has a reputation beyond reputeM Bison has a reputation beyond reputeM Bison has a reputation beyond reputeM Bison has a reputation beyond reputeM Bison has a reputation beyond reputeM Bison has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,257.88
Total Points: 30,229.65
Nice betting with you - Jloro Thanks for being honest - mathed one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom2014 No Message - Lebanon No Message - Scott.Weiland 
Your the man!! =P - Elroy1 Canelo!! - KO MX Good lookin' out. - Jalisciense909 have a slice - sugarsmosley No Message - Tha_Greatest 
Merry Christmas and All The Best for 2015 - Freedom. For thinking Whitaker vs Chavez was close. - BrushMyHair! for many excellent posts - Freedom. Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- Happy Holidays bro - KOVALBOXER 
Happy Christmas/Holidays, all the best for 2016. - Box-Office that sig bro.. lol - FlatLine War RED CYCLONE! - King Krusher keep up the excellent posting - Freedom. One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder 
Send a message via MSN to M Bison

No it wouldn't Ward isn't highly rated enough on the P4P rankings.
Maybe Kovalev/Ward could go upto 2nd.
M Bison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 03:20 PM #28
Patriot

Quoted: 8803 Post(s)
BrometheusBob. has a reputation beyond reputeBrometheusBob. has a reputation beyond reputeBrometheusBob. has a reputation beyond reputeBrometheusBob. has a reputation beyond reputeBrometheusBob. has a reputation beyond reputeBrometheusBob. has a reputation beyond reputeBrometheusBob. has a reputation beyond reputeBrometheusBob. has a reputation beyond reputeBrometheusBob. has a reputation beyond reputeBrometheusBob. has a reputation beyond reputeBrometheusBob. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 107,590.18
Total Points: 121,399.57
brogrammers code! - BoxingFan85 No Message - Snoop Frog For implementing and managing the pick 'em game - siablo14 good job on nsb pick em - jas Outta that green paint. Have a beer on me ! - BERNIE'S CORNER 
Thanks man. Had to put an = sign in with the poster's number but it worked.  Ha. - anthonydavid11 Here. It's a cookie. Looks like chocolate chip. - Mike D So you don't have to share with your mom any more. You pu55y a55 nerd. Shove your red k up that biatches a55 too. - apples check it out, it's a fish - Mike D Dildo of heterosexual tranny footjobs. - P.K Dionysus 
Outta green paint....So go ahead and throw on this cape ! - BERNIE'S CORNER Outta green paint.... - BERNIE'S CORNER No Message - MDPopescu 15,000 Good Job. - Vegemil No Message - BERNIE'S CORNER 
Some fruit for a fruit - The Hammer lol - -jose- Cheers mate - Chrismart I guess I dont green often enough unless its greenn Bob lol. - BERNIE'S CORNER Merry Christmas - TBear 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Just Now Hit Me Gay and Lesbian Pride - Just Now Hit Me Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Just Now Hit Me Gay and Lesbian Pride - Just Now Hit Me Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Just Now Hit Me 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - PlasterWraps Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - punchr Gay and Lesbian Pride - boxz Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - jas 

Yes I think it's pretty safe to say that the winner of this fight would be the #1 P4P fighter.
BrometheusBob. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 03:22 PM #29
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3109 Post(s)
j0zef has a reputation beyond reputej0zef has a reputation beyond reputej0zef has a reputation beyond reputej0zef has a reputation beyond reputej0zef has a reputation beyond reputej0zef has a reputation beyond reputej0zef has a reputation beyond reputej0zef has a reputation beyond reputej0zef has a reputation beyond reputej0zef has a reputation beyond reputej0zef has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,558.76
Total Points: 38,793.24
Quality Poster - Dr Rumack Back at cha brother!  Cheers to boxing and good conversation! - Redd Foxx Quality Posts always.. - BoxingFan85 

I'd say it would be
#1 Roman
#2 Winner of Kovalev/Ward
#3 Winner of GGG/Lemieux/Cotto/Canelo.. however if winner of these 4 also fights Andy Lee and wins, he should be #2.
j0zef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 03:56 PM #30
Strong champion.

Quoted: 6947 Post(s)
New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,980.39
Total Points: 92,939.71
great poster award - jazluvr Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS 
BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS 
happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas For being a roided up freakazoid - Cuauhtmoc1520 44 posts late.Happy 29,000 post - HughJass 
LOL caught me good KO2. - Hi Rudyo! LOL caught me good KO2. - Hi Rudyo! Suck on this Cry Baby - Rocky... couldn't green you on that big pun post, good stuff - -jose- b-scene ATG - Mike D 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Childhood Cancer - sugarsmosley World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - HughJass AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - sugarsmosley 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - jas Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

absolutely.

unlesss it was at 168 lbs and they had to wheel kovalev in.

that fight, at 175, is the most significant fight in boxing.
New England is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
determine, outcome, ward-kovalev