Gun Sales Soar, Set Record in March Amid Push for New Gun-Control Measures

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guns don’t kill people

Comment

Maybe if I buy another 4 or 5 guns, my freedoms will be safer.

I trust that the NRA is instilling fear into me for reasons that have nothing to do with the profit associated with my needless weapons purchases.

Comment

I’m all for guns, but they aren’t as useful as learning close quarters combat and basic self defense. Also learning how to disarm a gunman is the best skill one can learn. The good guy with a gun is the biggest myth peddled by out of shape rednecks in this country.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeEhrmantraut View Post
          I’m all for guns, but they aren’t as useful as learning close quarters combat and basic self defense.
          It all depends on the situation.

So why allow yourself to be helpless in some situations? To me, that makes no sense whatsoever.

Also learning how to disarm a gunman is the best skill one can learn.
          No, it isn't. That's actually stupid advice that could get people killed.

Anyone who says they can teach you to disarm an armed attacker is full of excrement. Find a new instructor.

I remember asking my first instructor about armed and/or multiple attackers. His response, "Use all your training and run. Only an idiot would fight an armed attacker or multiple attackers when unarmed. The best defense against those scenarios is having a gun yourself."

And he didn't teach anything firearms related.

The good guy with a gun is the biggest myth peddled by out of shape rednecks in this country.
          It's stopped a few shootings, so no, it's not a myth.

What is a myth is that gun control lowers crime. Quite the opposite. check out Venezuela for a modern, excellent example.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
            Why would I need a gun? I live in the state with the lowest gun violence in the nation and in a neighborhood that is very safe.

You're a fear monger...
            You dont need one if you dont want one, but it is your right to have one. ‘Murica! Yea! ‘Murica!

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
              It all depends on the situation.

So why allow yourself to be helpless in some situations? To me, that makes no sense whatsoever.

No, it isn't. That's actually stupid advice that could get people killed.

Anyone who says they can teach you to disarm an armed attacker is full of excrement. Find a new instructor.

I remember asking my first instructor about armed and/or multiple attackers. His response, "Use all your training and run. Only an idiot would fight an armed attacker or multiple attackers when unarmed. The best defense against those scenarios is having a gun yourself."

And he didn't teach anything firearms related.

It's stopped a few shootings, so no, it's not a myth.

What is a myth is that gun control lowers crime. Quite the opposite. check out Venezuela for a modern, excellent example.
              Look at our closest neighbor Mexico. Some of the tightest gun control, and look who is in control. Its certainly not the law abiding people.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                Guns gives cowards heart I guess
                Guns have nothing to do with cowardice or bravery.

If you think it does, that might be an issue with how you view things.

Comment

I’m all for guns, but they aren’t as useful as learning close quarters combat and basic self defense. Also learning how to disarm a gunman is the best skill one can learn. The good guy with a gun is the biggest myth peddled by out of shape rednecks in this country.
                  Disarming a gunman is the dumbest myth.

Good guy with guns happen all the time. Go on YouTube for crying out loud.

Trying to disarm a gunman is a good way to get shot. Your karate or kung fu or krav maga sensei is full of crap.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                    Maybe if I buy another 4 or 5 guns, my freedoms will be safer.

I trust that the NRA is instilling fear into me for reasons that have nothing to do with the profit associated with my needless weapons purchases.
                    NRA don't sell guns. They don't profit from gun sales.

They're a pac.

What benefits them is anything that leads to more members or more activity from members. Fear works.

Comment

more people aren't buying guns in America. It's just a group of gun people who stockpile tons and tons of guns who are doing all the new buying of them. Important distinction.

Comment

Working...
                      X