Collapse
No announcement yet.

lets be honest...does anyone really GAF about golovkin anymore

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well he's still my favourite fighter, so yes I give a f#ck.

Obviously not as much as you do (nobody does except his wife maybe). But I do gaf.

Where's that pic of you holding a piece paper with 'Sup szef' written on it at doe?

Comment

He was a good tough fighter, but not the unstoppable monster people hyped him to be. Sparked an undersized guy in Stevens, decent win. Dropped Jacobs and got a tough decision, quality. First Canelo fight I think he won.

But the second fight made him look bad imo. Talked so much **** about standing toe to toe, Canelo does exactly as he asked , and what ? He looked scared hiding behind his jab, afraid of Canelo’s counters. The body shots hurt him. Looked really uncomfortable.

Not really a fan of either tbh, just my two cents. Guy could have been more but now his whole career+legacy will revolve around Canelo. A shame.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        Fuc you hater. I love GGG...
        Ms. Mary Cone...

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
          does anybody GAF about golovkin anymore to be honest

he had his run...its winding down....it was more disappointing than impressive....unless you consider him knocking out guys like Curtis stevens impressive....when stevens was bested by D level club guys like jesse Brinkley and marcos primera

yep he dispatched a bunch of C level guys so hbo could try to build a star

hes a good fighter....but he sold everyone a bill of goods and some let it go without even dare questioning it....others, real boxing fans, actually watched it unfold and realize he talked a lot and said a lot but it was a bunch of garbage

not many interested in a 3rd canelo fight...most realize he cant do much better against a guy that his fans swore he would murder

its no surprise if he truly doesn't want Andrade...he ducked lara when lara would have been the best name on his resume...he did this for at least 2 year span

he talked all that noise about anyone from 154 to 168....lara yelled he wanted the fight and golovkins side never called...and when asked about lara they said "get in line at 160 and then maybe you can have a fight"......they tucked tail when a featherfisted 168 ward came calling...id give them a pass for that almost...cause ward is friggin good...and a lil bigger and ward would have been the favorite....but no excuse for not fighting lara when lara would have been best name on his resume and lara had headlined plenty of shows on premium and regular cable at that point

good on him though...he stole hbos money for a few years...now it appears hes going to parlay that into another heist with DAZN.....cant fault a man for getting life changing, generational, paper

When GGG's career winds down and his fans move on, I look forward to seeing you still making GGG threads and showing how much you GAF about him.

Comment

Originally posted by Longhaul View Post
            Not a big ggg fan but people’s lives are consumed by hatred about this guy.If he sucks and his prime is was over by 34/35 as he’s clearly lost the spring in his step and the snap in his punches but yet as big as washed piece of sh$t no good never was fighter as you would make one believe he was still good enough to beat your ginger boy who you worship and some think he won both fights I’ll just say he gets an even split in two bouts .So what does that say about a young ped cheating ginger in his prime who couldn’t put away ggg or beat him without controversy.
            Nailed it. What did Canelo accomplish. I think he failed more so than GGG. Mexican meat taint no decisive victory etc

Comment

It seems ggg did want to fight all comers before the canelo fights but after getting that big money and maybe...surprised by canelo...he just said screw the fans, legacy, sport ect. And now he just wants one more big payday.

Comment

He's still top 10 P4P so yes.

Comment

i could understand vanes but rolls wtf

golovkin lived the american dream i guess u could say, he came from afar, barely speaks english and made a shed load of cash

Comment

Let the man do his thing, he's getting a boatload of money to fight his next D- scrub. I personally consider GGG to be on a retirement tour now.

No Canelo bout will ever happen. Doesn't look that way.

War GGG!

Comment

As a canelo fan, GGGs honestly a damn good fighter. His annoying fan base (it’s gone down a bit, it was absolutely horrid pre Canelo 1) makes me downplay his skills at times, but I’d take him over any middleweight not named Canelo. I don’t give a crap about the rolls fight, it’s garbage but it’s nothing new in boxing. I want to see him against other top middleweights, and i’d probablt root for him against Andrade.

Comment

Working...
                      X