Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was watching Isreal Vazquez v Jonny Gonzales

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember that fight great fight. I remember seeing Izzy get up after all the KDs, and seeing that fire in his eyes. Knowing that Jhonny wasnt the sturdiest dude, I told the people watching "Watch, the tall dude is getting into a fight he doesn't want, the short dude (they werent boxing fans) is gonna KO the skinny dude." LOL, they thought I was Nostradamus or something.

I LOOOOVE these kind of fights. Seeing a dude come back from the brink.

BUUUT, I understand the extra caution nowadays. Just listen to all the punch drunk fighters. Hell, some of them dont live to get punch drunk.

I rarely criticize stoppages, unless they're really stupid. Love the sport, but my enjoyment doesnt matter more than boxers' health

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
      You should also check out 80s and 90s.Yea watching Mayorga fight is almost always fun or was.I remember him letting Tito nail him with like 3 left hooks in a row and did not flinch.And then later in 1st Tito catches him with shot he did not see and hurt him.
      Thanks, I haven't watched many guys from 80s and 90s, apart from big names. Haglers, Hearns, Sugar Ray, Chavez, Mike Mccallum, Julian JAckson...
      But all of them seemed to be stone hard fighters, trained very heavily and strictly and successors of the previous generation of great boxers. I'll be checking for more.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
        I just watched that fight last week, sometimes I let fights play on youtube on my TV while I'm doing **** around the house and that one came on, had to sit my ass down and pay attention. Larry and Jim were NOT happy that Jhonny got stopped. Miracle comeback from Vazquez, man.
        Yea can you see DR Lamps talking like that now?And it was a comeback but with IVs power and CHIN I think he gets to big puching but skaky chinned JG 9 out 10.Stlyes

Comment

Originally posted by Rovi View Post
          Thanks, I haven't watched many guys from 80s and 90s, apart from big names. Haglers, Hearns, Sugar Ray, Chavez, Mike Mccallum, Julian JAckson...
          But all of them seemed to be stone hard fighters, trained very heavily and strictly and successors of the previous generation of great boxers. I'll be checking for more.
          You sound like you know the ones to pick.Lord knows we need all the younger fans we can get.Sweet Pea is one of my favs from that era.Take care

Comment

Working...
          X