Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watching Manny fight last night made me sad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The disturbing thing to me is his ability to throw combinations just seemingly disappeared overnight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      The disturbing thing to me is his ability to throw combinations just seemingly disappeared overnight.
      Yeah he looked tired. Manny needs to retire because if he fights Crawford he gets stop

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
        I didnt. I see homeless people, jobless people on the street and if you think about Pac, he has two high profile jobs, the admiration of a country or two and has many millions of dollars and would not have to work another day in his life if he didnt want to. He is one hell of a fortunate man and probably went to bed in silk pajamas last night and watched a TV in a room filled with things that are probably worth 10 times more than my 2016 Chevy Equinox, and my car is probably worth 10 times what many poor people have to their name so I know what being fortunate is too.

Yeah, putting things into perspective. I understand what is meant about Pacquiao not being the same. It always happens with great fighters that we're used to seeing as great and it is sad. But they make their money, live well, etc...

But Thanks for putting things into perspective. I've got a friend who has stage 4 cancer and has months to live. I'm about to call now to show encouragement and support. I've been supporting and encouraging but your post just reminded me to do that right now. Thanks!

Comment

I didnt. I see homeless people, jobless people on the street and if you think about Pac, he has two high profile jobs, the admiration of a country or two and has many millions of dollars and would not have to work another day in his life if he didnt want to. He is one hell of a fortunate man and probably went to bed in silk pajamas last night and watched a TV in a room filled with things that are probably worth 10 times more than my 2016 Chevy Equinox, and my car is probably worth 10 times what many poor people have to their name so I know what being fortunate is too.
          lol damn real talk holmes

Comment

I felt the same way. Manny lost his speed. I been watching him fight since I was 15, I'm 29 now. It's been a good ride.

Comment

Originally posted by bbos View Post
              I felt the same way. Manny lost his speed. I been watching him fight since I was 15, I'm 29 now. It's been a good ride.
              I would like to trade places with you and be 29 again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                yeah he pretty much became an old man over night.

Comment

Originally posted by i love boxing View Post
                  His combos are gone, his speed has dropped dramatically, His accuracy has diminished and he doesn't spin his opponents with his footwork like he use to. Manny was literally looking for one shot last night, he is not what i would call shot but he is not elite anymore at all. I see why Arum won't match him with anyone not in his stable and was pushing for this Horn fight so bad.

Manny has had a great career but when you even have a close fight with someone of Horn's caliber and you are an ATG fighter then it is time to retire. Manny made it from nothing in life and has lived his dream but the ride is over.
                  As a pinoy i've been more scared than excited everytime he fights since the marquez ktfo, i was no longer confident with his skills and his chin, though still hoping for 5 years now that he can shine one last time and do something spectacular. Esp against floyd. But it never happened.
                  Its all nostalgia for the fans now, esp to fanboys thinking he can turn back the clock each time.
                  Last night was the worst he ever appeared, I've been praying he'd survive for the full 12 and was happy that he did.
                  So i easily accepted the defeat, and was surprised with the robbery claims after checking fb, twitter and nsb, while im just thankful that he got to full 12! Lmao!

I've been a pac fan eversince, and a boxing fan as well,
                  But ive been critical to him at times including last night, so i may need to rewartch it and judge it all over again.

I hope he goes out with a win like the winner that he is whether against horn or rod salka.

Comment

Era coming to an end.Ive kind of been hard on him and clowned him after the floyd fight and his saltwater bs, but hes regressed and will retire soon and he truly was a badass fighter.

I think he can still compete though, to me it seemed like he fought way too reckless yesterday and didnt give horn any respect. Wanna see him fight atleast 1 more time.

Comment

Not sure what your car has to do with this thread. Sports fans are usually sad when their team/Fighter, etc. doesn't do well. Professional athletes are usually Well Paid. If you're not happy about that, then why do u even Watch professional sports?

Comment

Working...
                      X