Collapse
No announcement yet.

Robert Guerrero: "Andre Berto Has A Soft Chin"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think its Guerrero who's chin is gonna come into play here. Berto is the naturally bigger man and the harder puncher. Bertos downfall is he has a tendicy to get sloppy late. I don't think Guerrero has the power to capitalize on that. Berto by late stoppage or wide UD.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
      Not sure Robert can do anything about that. He's not exactly Ortiz in the power department.
      Neither was Collazo... or Cosme Rivera.

Comment

Originally posted by deejd View Post
        Neither was Collazo... or Cosme Rivera.
        Collazo caught Berto once early and Berto didn't go down. Collazo a big Welterweight. Can't even make the weight anymore. Robert's a former Featherweight who just moved up.

Riviera hits harder than Robert straight up. He's not better. Cosma also put down a strong Joel Julio.

Comment

Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post
          And u have soft fists, so what of it?

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
            Collazo caught Berto once early and Berto didn't go down. Collazo a big Welterweight. Can't even make the weight anymore. Robert's a former Featherweight who just moved up.

Riviera hits harder than Robert straight up. He's not better. Cosma also put down a strong Joel Julio.
            Collazo wasn't a power puncher at '47 and he surely wouldn't be if he moves up, matter of fact, he lost to the guy [at '50] that Berto sparked in the first round a few years ago.

As for Rivera, maybe he does hit harder than Guerrero, but he doesn't have world-class power. You don't have to have elite power to drop someone or stop them, especially if they're chin is suspect. It took Rivera all fight to drop Julio and Julio isn't even elite. Cory Spinks was putting that work in on Joel when they were sparring in Boca, and we know how devastating a puncher Spinks is.

Wouldn't be surprised if Guerrero stops Berto.
            Last edited by deejd; 10-24-2012, 12:01 PM.

Comment

i dont think he has a soft chin, Ortiz hits hard as hell.

besides that, Guererro doesn't have it in him to crack that "soft chin" so we should leave it at that.

Comment

Guerrero has been down just as many times as Berto, and might I add Guerrero has been put down by guys who doesn't hit harder than Berto "Joel Casamayor" Berto was down by Rivera and Ortiz that's it.. Also Guerrero was hurt against Aydin in his 1 fight at welterweight. So it would behoove Guerrero to fight intelligently, and I'm not sure if hecan beat berto that way because berto holds every advantage except for the southpaw stance, Guerror has the slight edge in boxing ability. Also Guerrero gets hit a lot in all his fights, he's no defensive wizard himself

Comment

I don't agree with the soft chin part. You can say that about a guy who has been knocked out a few times by light punchers but that is not the case. And Guerrero is not a big puncher. If he has a shot at stopping Berto, it is late due to stamina. Berto early or Guerrero late. I dont see this going to a decision. Someone might get careless and get caught at some point.

Comment

i honestly cant see him beating berto.

Comment

I think Berto is more likely to win by KO than Guerrero. Guerrero has been knocked down by Casamayor and rocked by Katsidis. Berto hits harder than they do. Berto may have the hand speed, timing, and accuracy to hurt Guerrero and finish him. Guerrero looks a little soft at 147 while Berto is hard as a rock. I think Berto is a naturally bigger, stronger man and a much harder puncher than Guerrero. I pick Berto to win. If Guerrero beats Berto he will finally have shown me he is as good as he claims to be. The fight does show that Guerrero will fight anyone so good for him.

Comment

Working...
                      X