No announcement yet.

Yuri Arbachakov

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yuri Arbachakov

Seems to be a very underrated fighter. Made 9 straight defences of his WBC Flyweight title and and was once ranked #8 on the Ring Magazine P4P list.

Won his first 23 fights and then retired after his first lose. He was also world amatuer champion.

Last edited by Perfect Plex; 06-23-2011, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Now there's a name I've not heard for a while. I watched him in the amateurs and he was outstanding. I remember him facing some Cuban kid who hadn't lost in years and he absolutely destroyed him.

I'm not sure entirely but I think it might have been ITV that showed his pro fights. To be honest I thought he had considerably more title defenses because he seemed to be around at the top for ages.

He was always an outstanding technician. A boxer's boxer. Precision. Power. Speed. Athleticism. No ego-driven histrionics. With him it was pure business. I'm a little surprised he isn't better known because he had it all.

Comment

Originally posted by NY Boxing! View Post
        Watch from 5:50 onwards (the Arbachakov title re-match) for some genuine comedy moments in refereeing. The challenger was knocked down two or three times and on each occasion got up, staggered about like Trevor Berbick (eyes rolling about on stalks) and was then allowed to continue. What happened to being in control of your faculties?

Those Asian fans sure do like their pound of flesh.

Comment

Working...
        X