No announcement yet.

Classic! DickTiger vs Henry Hank, 3/31/1962

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic! DickTiger vs Henry Hank, 3/31/1962

This a classic Middleweight battle! One of my favorites! Henry Hank is a guy you never hear anything about today! Enjoy this great fight!

Tiger vs Hank! Classic! Link to article

When Dick Tiger fought Henry Hank on March 31st 1962, boxing had been firmly in its ‘Television Era’; this the period of regular coverage of bouts on major American television networks.

It was an era approaching its end. CBS and ABC had dropped their broadcasts respectively in 1955 and 1960, while the groundbreaking DuMont Network, which had featured bouts from New York’s St. Nicholas Arena, had gone out of business.

In fact, Tiger would fight the last of the weekly televised fights run by the Madison Square Garden Organisation in association with the Gillette Corporation two years later at the Cleveland Arena against Don Fullmer.

Boxing also was now in something of a phase which American fans acknowledged to be one of a marked internationalization of the sport, and the career of Dick Tiger was emblematic of this.

Tiger comes to be in a fight. In the mythic arena I would throw him in with Marcel Cerdan to see what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
      Tiger comes to be in a fight. In the mythic arena I would throw him in with Marcel Cerdan to see what happened.
      I always thought Rodrigo Valdez and Dick Tiger would be a great matchup as well.

Comment

Working...
      X