No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lennox Lewis Says WWE Did Make Offer For Brock Lesnar

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr.Daddy View Post
    Wrong. Lesnar was not one of the best legit college wrestlers ever. Stephen Neal and Wes Hand both defeated Lesnar in his two year Division I career at MN. Watch the video of Neal vs Lesnar and you'll see what I mean. For sure, Lesnar was no Curly Culp. Lesnar was an absolute pansy - a sissy's sissy - when being punched effectively in his last two MMA matches.
    He might not be the GOAT, but Lesnar was still a top level wrestler. As far as I'm aware Lewis has no grappling background and would most likely get taken down and submitted in reality.

Lesnar may have been beaten up in the UFC but he was beaten up by strikers who could stay on their feet. I'd be surprised if Lewis could stay on his feet against a Div 1 wrestler.

As for Lesnar being a 'sissy', typical keyboard warrior.

Comment

Joshua will def end up on WWE some day, he's got the size and physique for it.

Comment

Didn't know about this

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Thats a weird ass story. Seems like an easy 7.8M Lewis left on the table to me.
          I guess these type of crossover fights will always be talked about

Comment

7.8 million was a really good deal. you would have to look at whatever lennox made in fights post tyson to take that into account. The biggest thing is the risk of serious injury, that jeapordizes his boxing career. Depends if they want a full match with Lesnar suplexing him and chit. Punches I think would be the least of his concern, those guys just slap, plus, no way Lesnar goes off script and socks lennox lewis of all people, he would not like the retaliation he would get. The risk of injury is real but 7.8 million makes up for that risk.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
              Joshua will def end up on WWE some day, he's got the size and physique for it.
              I'm not a big pro wrestling guy so I'm rooting for some UFC vs boxing super fight against this cat named Francis Ngannou.

He's not even the UFC champion yet but is getting talked about a lot in MMA circles right now. He's like a giant f#cking ninja. 6'4, 250lbs, but moves better than any big guy I've seen in quite awhile. Him vs Joshua would be some monster movie type sh^t in the ring or the cage. Here's to hoping it happens one day. Here's to hoping we get a bunch of boxer vs MMA fights if this Conor vs Floyd thing doesn't completely sink that ship.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                7.8 million was a really good deal. you would have to look at whatever lennox made in fights post tyson to take that into account. The biggest thing is the risk of serious injury, that jeapordizes his boxing career. Depends if they want a full match with Lesnar suplexing him and chit. Punches I think would be the least of his concern, those guys just slap, plus, no way Lesnar goes off script and socks lennox lewis of all people, he would not like the retaliation he would get. The risk of injury is real but 7.8 million makes up for that risk.
                I think some of you guys don't grasp what this whole thing is. Its "pro wrestling" not a legit fight.

Jon Stewart, the f#cking ex-Daily show host had a WWE "career" at 50 something years old & probably made millions of dollars himself with it.

Its a entertainment show. Its for the fans. Its more like a play than a competitive sporting event.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Daddy View Post
                  Wrong. Lesnar was not one of the best legit college wrestlers ever. Stephen Neal and Wes Hand both defeated Lesnar in his two year Division I career at MN. Watch the video of Neal vs Lesnar and you'll see what I mean. For sure, Lesnar was no Curly Culp. Lesnar was an absolute pansy - a sissy's sissy - when being punched effectively in his last two MMA matches.
                  His last two matches? Damn dude, there's more to Lesnar than his last two matches. Prime Lesnar was a bad, bad dude.

RJJ and James Toney look like corpses in the ring recently - does that rewrite what they once were?

Comment

Vince would literally murder Lesner no matter how big he was or how large the short term gain for doing something bad to a guy like Lenox for that type money.

I can't think of a single celebrity that got done dirty by the WWE. They like celebrities to come in and be a part of the show, one getting done bad would end all that.

Comment

Working...
                    X