Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any basketball fans here? When did you start following the sport and who is your idol

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any basketball fans here? When did you start following the sport and who is your idol

The best NBA motivational video on the internet

I used to be the biggest NBA fan because of Kobe Bryant. When he retired, I didn't follow it as much. But after watching some motivational videos, it ignited the fire inside of me for my passion for basketball. So many great up and comers who will be hall of famers and legends in due time.

Who got you into the NBA and why?

Wolves fan since they were created. Jimmy Butler is overrated AF.

Comment

Kevin Garnett for me.

Comment

1996 Jordan's Bulls.

Then Iverson.

Iverson is my favorite player of all time. Had the AI3s, stole my older cousins black Sixers jersey and wore it to school

Comment

I didn't like LeBron when he first entered the league but I'm a huge fan of him now. I think as he matured mentally/emotionally throughout his 20s he became a real likeable guy.

Comment

Huge Knicks fan. More of a fan of the team and put it above all individuals, but I still root for anyone who has ever worn the orange and blue. Once a Knick, always a Knick.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
              1996 Jordan's Bulls.

Then Iverson.

Iverson is my favorite player of all time. Had the AI3s, stole my older cousins black Sixers jersey and wore it to school
              My friend played AAU ball with Iverson. We all knew then that BubbaChuck was going to be a star

Comment

Rick Barry, Bill Walton, GSW, a long long time ago.
                But, I really followed NCAA basketball more, Jordan, and Worthy outta NC, Derrick Wittenberg, Ralph Sampson, all those guys were cool, the phi slams Jamaica, Clyde Drexler, Hakeem.

The good old days.

Comment

LEBRON JAMES. i don’t get the hate he gets. Lol
                  Only fully supported him in 2014 though when he returned to cleveland. I watched the finals, and he fought his heart out against the warriors with Dellavedova and Mozgov as his best players lol. 3 of their starting players were injured (2 allstars). And not once did I hear him made any excuse about it.

Started being a fan early 2000s. Been an nba fan before I was a boxing fan. Really loved the spurs, the players and the org were just too classy. When timmey retired though I abandoned them.

I think Jordan is still the goat, and beats bron one on one, decisively. But bron is not too far behind as most people make it seem. They are things bron does better than Jordan and vice versa.
                  The comparison is flawed though, i think Jordan benefited from a watered down era of the league where team expansions were made, and only one star per team while he gets a stacked team.
                  Dude always had the better team period. The better coach period. That’s why he was never the underdog in the finals. When he retired bulls still managed to get 50 plus wins and made it to the conference finals LOL.
                  And his finals opponents were weak as well. None of them were better than the 07 and 2014 spurs. 2012 thunder. 2016 2017 2018 warriors. Numberwise they were laughable to compare with.
                  He can only make a case over the mavs.

That is why it is extremely flawed. Though you can say bron also had a stacked team, he’s still the underdog given the competition.
                  Last edited by dibzvincent143; 12-12-2018, 10:05 AM.

Comment

started watching in middle school (96).. around 7th grade. MJ will always be GOAT.

Comment

Working...
                    X