No announcement yet.

David Haye return for WBC title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
    Haye clearly didn't share that confidence. Three fight dates in a row forfeited due to three different injuries...not buying it, not from Haye.
    The Charr injury was obviously a scam.

There's no reason for Haye to pull out against Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      I think it's much more likely that Haye just got injured and had to pull out and Vitali retired, rather than the both of them staging some sort of huge conspiracy to fight each other. Just saying.
      He pulled out of the Manuel Charr fight to negotiate with Team Fury & K2...

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
        He pulled out of the Manuel Charr fight to negotiate with Team Fury & K2...
        Agreed and it's karma coming back to bite him.

But pulling out of a £5million fight doesn't make sense. He'd be lucky to make half that vs Vitali!

Comment

I think it's much more likely that Haye just got injured and had to pull out and Vitali retired, rather than the both of them staging some sort of huge conspiracy to fight each other. Just saying.

Only split in favour of the champion if it goes to purse bids, realistically, Haye would bring enough money to the table for both parties to realize that a deal would have to be struck in order for the both of them to make most money. You have often seen a challenger making more than a champion. Especially if that champion was in the Bermane Stiverne mould.
          It's not a conspiracy between both of them. Haye obviously found out that Vitali was going to retire and that the WBC belt would become available so he pulled out the Fury fight thinking he could get a shot at it.

Same way he triple ducked the Klitschko's back in 2009 when he heard there was a chance he could snare an easy title off Valuev.

It's easy to see how this guy works.

No, Haye would get significantly less money if he didn't bring a belt to the table. Remember he said that he signed a deal at the Chisora brawl where he had to accept a bunch of terms? Obviously as WBC Champion, he wouldn't need to and would make a **** tonne more money for a unification fight.

It's almost a recycled version of what happened back in 09.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            It's not a conspiracy between both of them. Haye obviously found out that Vitali was going to retire and that the WBC belt would become available so he pulled out the Fury fight thinking he could get a shot at it.

Same way he triple ducked the Klitschko's back in 2009 when he heard there was a chance he could snare an easy title off Valuev.

It's easy to see how this guy works.

No, Haye would get significantly less money if he didn't bring a belt to the table. Remember he said that he signed a deal at the Chisora brawl where he had to accept a bunch of terms? Obviously as WBC Champion, he wouldn't need to and would make a **** tonne more money for a unification fight.

It's almost a recycled version of what happened back in 09.
            I really really really doubt he's targeting a vacant belt and was willing to drop £5million for it.

Well, that's assuming the champ is Vitali Klitschko, which he wouldn't be. Someone like Stiverne simply wouldn't have the power to hold down a 3 option contract keeping 75% of the revenue like Klitschko did. He would have a choice of making $750 thousand vs Arreola or $1,5million vs Haye - then Haye might make double that, but so does he. The situation would be completely different.

The Valuev deal was a lot better - I don't really blame him for taking that fight after the PPV broke down vs Wlad earlier in the year and then setanta etc.

Regardless, none previous fights got him a £5million payday, you didn't see pictures of him lying in a hospital bed, you didn't see a cut above his eye etc.

I bet if you saw a signed doctor's note you would still find someway to think Haye was weasling his way out.

Comment

The thing is, I don't find it impossible that Haye could KO Fury, but there are always certain weaknesses to each boxer and Haye's weakness is obviously tall boxers.

Harrison survived more than 1 round against him, while even Wilder and Price ORKO'ed Harrison. Valuev is one of the few boxers to go the distance against Haye and he gave him some trouble. Wladimir defeated Haye. And now, Haye obviously isn't too fond of fighting Fury...

Haye is fast and explosive, but honestly, tall boxers just messes him up. He can't do explosive damage to tall boxers, his power shrinks the higher he attempts to hit, physics. And it's easier to move your head than swinging a punch, as a tall guy, I've only ever been hit by one hard punch in the head from smaller guys... I've been hit cleanly other times, but never did they have the oppurtunity to put full power behind the punches.
              Last edited by Xpert; 01-16-2014, 11:50 AM.

Comment

I really really really doubt he's targeting a vacant belt and was willing to drop £5million for it.

Well, that's assuming the champ is Vitali Klitschko, which he wouldn't be. Someone like Stiverne simply wouldn't have the power to hold down a 3 option contract keeping 75% of the revenue like Klitschko did. He would have a choice of making $750 thousand vs Arreola or $1,5million vs Haye - then Haye might make double that, but so does he. The situation would be completely different.

The Valuev deal was a lot better - I don't really blame him for taking that fight after the PPV broke down vs Wlad earlier in the year and then setanta etc.

Regardless, none previous fights got him a £5million payday, you didn't see pictures of him lying in a hospital bed, you didn't see a cut above his eye etc.

I bet if you saw a signed doctor's note you would still find someway to think Haye was weasling his way out.
                I'm talking about the deal he'd be able to broker with Wladimir for a unification fight.

He fights Fury and beats him, has 5million but no belt and no mandatory position. So he goes into negotiations with Wladimir with no cards to lay on the table. He would get an average deal for what would be a dangerous fight.

If he goes with the WBC Belt, suddenly Wladmir needs him to secure all 4 belts. He gets a significantly better deal.

Oh please, I'll go get some Halloween make-up and a giant over-the-top arm sling so I can take the exact same pictures and post them on Twatter.

Comment

Only split in favour of the champion if it goes to purse bids, realistically, Haye would bring enough money to the table for both parties to realize that a deal would have to be struck in order for the both of them to make most money. You have often seen a challenger making more than a champion. Especially if that champion was in the Bermane Stiverne mould.
                  Got injured doing what, Haye is the laziest boxer of note ever, he doesn't even do road work and probably is never out of bed before 1 pm.

Comment

There's a good chance.

Comment

Working...
                    X