No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Yuriorkis Gamboa, Golden Boy Promotions Part Ways

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Yuriorkis Gamboa, Golden Boy Promotions Part Ways

It appears that former world champion Yuriorkis Gamboa and Golden Boy Promotions have parted ways. Gamboa's release was leaked to the Cuban press, but Golden Boy confirmed that Cuban wanted his release and his request was granted. The 36 year old Gamboa (28-2, 17 KOs), who also won an Olympic gold medal, signed on with Golden Boy in January of 2017.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This guy has had one of the most self-destructive careers in recent memory. Unbelievable.

Comment

but hes coming off an amazing "victory" over jason sosa

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        This guy has had one of the most self-destructive careers in recent memory. Unbelievable.
        You know at first I wanted to disagree with you but honestly I can't think of a single career decision he's made that's been a good decision.

Comment

Gamboa not spared by the GBP jinx/curse when GBP signs a boxer then the boxer loses. This jinx/curse happened to MAB, Linares, now Gamboa.

Comment

You know sh^t ain't looking good when you won your last fight & your promoter lets you go. Granted I thought he lost, but still boxing promoters usually just care about the W & where they can cash in on you next. So this says a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              Who do you think is worse. Valero or Gamboa? Serious question, not trying to be a smart a$$.

Comment

Originally posted by SceneBoxer View Post
                Gamboa not spared by the GBP jinx/curse when GBP signs a boxer then the boxer loses. This jinx/curse happened to MAB, Linares, now Gamboa.
                I know you can't be that stupid to actually believe that right??

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
                  I know you can't be that stupid to actually believe that right??
                  ha ha

When MAB signed with GBP, he lost to PAC...

When Linares signed with GBP, he lost to DeMarco, Thompson...

Then here's Gamboa ....

Comment

Gamboa has got to be one of the stupidest motherfuccers out there!
                    Just when I thought he made a good decision by signing with Golden Boy promotions he does this shet??
                    I thought Golden Boy treated him more than fair with two HBO televised fights, an ESPN headliner and a fight in Mexico. It's probably the only time he's had 4 fights in one year. All thanks to Golden Boy promotions.
                    If he thinks he's gonna get a better deal from a different promoter then he must be smoking that Triple D again.
                    This is literally the beginning of the end for Gamboa.
                    He'll be lucky if any promoter signs him, let alone keep him busy.

Comment

Working...
                    X