No announcement yet.

Comparing AJ and Wilder to past HW's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparing AJ and Wilder to past HW's

These guys can't even get rocked or dropped without people calling them bums, but will these same people hold the past HW's to the same standards? Let's examine some of the past HW's and their struggles.

-Tyson, 5 years pro, stopped by journeyman Douglas
    -Lewis , 5 years pro, stopped by journeyman McCall
    -Ali, 3 years pro, dropped hard by 188lb journeyman Cooper
    -Holyfield, 2 years pro, close split decision win over 5'5 Qawi
    -Louis, 5 years pro, dropped by obese 5'9 journeyman Galento
    -Frazier, 1 year pro, close SD to journeyman Bonavena
    -Foreman, 8 years pro, lost UD to journeyman Jimmy Young

Just a couple of examples. In B4 "Heavies were better back then!" even though many of these journeyman were losing to other journeyman/part time boxers the size of modern day cruisers. What will the excuses be?

When Wilder gets momentarily rocked by a dominant undefeated 6'4 240lb southpaw champion with a 90% KO ratio he's a bum.

When AJ with a mere 3 years pro experience accidentally punches himself out then gets dropped by 30 year veteran 6'6 240lb Klitschko he's a bum even though he recovers to dominate him.

Its hard to stay undefeated at any point at HW .

Klitchko and Louis lost to far inferior fighters in their 24 or 25th fight .......

The opposition that Joshua has fought smokes any past HW in 20 fights without remotely close too losing outside Klitchko .

Ali himself has questionable wins even before the Cooper fight .

Liston had already lost within 10 fights .

Lewis dropped the ball in his 26th fight or around there .

The fights we want dont get made fast bc OF the terrible boxing fanbase of using losses against the fighters ...

Sorry you guys suck ....lol ......man do i miss the 90's when the fans actually wanted to see everyone fight , which is why we ALMOST saw all the possible matches (barring Bowe vs Lewis ) at least we are getting Joshua vs Wilder and their still crying ..lol....

Comment

I don't call either of them bums but I think they would lose to prime Ali , Liston, Foreman, Tyson, Marciano, Holmes, Holyfield,Louis,Lewis and the K brothers assuming we are talking prime against prime.

Comment

Holyfield fought Qawi at the Cruiserweight limit of 190 pounds and Qawi was taller than 5 foot 5 inches. They threw well over 1000 punches each in a great fight. Could either Wilder or AJ fight at that pace? I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          I don't call either of them bums but I think they would lose to prime Ali , Liston, Foreman, Tyson, Marciano, Holmes, Holyfield,Louis,Lewis and the K brothers assuming we are talking prime against prime.
          Prime for prime they certainly don't lose against Marciano or Louis... are you kidding?

Against Holmes, Lewis, and K brothers they all have a shot at victory.

Comment

I would compare Joshua to a taller version of Mike Tyson.and wilder to a taller version of buster Douglas.

Comment

Let's wait for them to first finish their careers before we form any reasonable comparison. Otherwise, we'll be speaking a little too soon / early.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                Holyfield fought Qawi at the Cruiserweight limit of 190 pounds and Qawi was taller than 5 foot 5 inches. They threw well over 1000 punches each in a great fight. Could either Wilder or AJ fight at that pace? I doubt it.
                I hope you get the point OP is trying to make. All imma say.

Comment

Ali and other past legends are like one of those movies you vaguely remember and wonder what all the fuss was about until you watch it again and remember how truly great they were. In fact, sometimes all I watch is old grainy fights and then nod off to the latest fight being broadcast in HD.

Comment

Wilder was losing on the cards to a journeyman Szpilka who took the fight on almost no notice?

The issue is, Wilder's 40th fight was against a someone.
                    The rest, all tomato cans who had little business to be in the ring. okay, at least 35 of them.

Comment

Working...
                    X