Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford-Horn Will Be Streamed Through ESPN+ Subscription App

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My god listen to all you cry babies. 4.99 a month to watch great cards and college sports is a great deal. I mostly watch boxing and college football, but this is much better than being on ppv and we'll probably get Loma and Manny fights too. Thats less thab 60 dollars for the whole year, you would have had to spend that just on the Crawford Horn ppv

Comment

Originally posted by jjsmyth87 View Post
      My god listen to all you cry babies. 4.99 a month to watch great cards and college sports is a great deal. I mostly watch boxing and college football, but this is much better than being on ppv and we'll probably get Loma and Manny fights too. Thats less thab 60 dollars for the whole year, you would have had to spend that just on the Crawford Horn ppv
      This app doesn't show live events so we won't get the Loma or Manny fight because they're on ESPN. All the good college sports games are on ESPN or ESPN 2. I'm still trying to figure out the point of this app if it's not showing live events that's being broadcast on ESPN or ESPN 2.

I see more complaints about throwing Crawford on this app with little exposure than I do about the cost

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
        8.99 for showtime
        4.99 for espn
        10.99 for netflix
        7.99 for hulu
        35.99 for sling.

Maybe i should plug the cord back in and just go back to cable. It'll probably be cheaper
        My last cable bill was 105 dollars bro. It still isn't worth it lol.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
          BUT you are Ok with $15 for HBO and $10 for showtime. 5 bucks for a good card ain’t bad.
          Showtime is giving you 20 shows a year, plus how many more ShoBox cards, plus their original programs (The Chi, Billions, Ray Donovan, Homeland, Shameless, etc), all live mind you, plus whatever movie rights that they have, for their $10/month.

ESPN+ is offering Horn-Crawford, another 11 cards beyond the ones they've committed to already putting on ESPN (where Arum will find the talent to fill all of these dates is beyond me), and basically the sports that'd end up on ESPN3 (rugby, NCAA wrestling and baseball, etc; doubt that WatchESPN is going anywhere) for $5/month.

Where's the value?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            This app doesn't show live events so we won't get the Loma or Manny fight because they're on ESPN. All the good college sports games are on ESPN or ESPN 2. I'm still trying to figure out the point of this app if it's not showing live events that's being broadcast on ESPN or ESPN 2.

I see more complaints about throwing Crawford on this app with little exposure than I do about the cost
            It is goinf to broadcast live events, except not on cable but your phone, tablet, or computer. Or if you have a smart t.v. you can connect it to your device and watch it on your t.v. And this is huge exposure for Crawford, do you know how many people are going to sign up for this service just for this fight alone? Theres so much cord cutting going on that companies like Hulu, Netflix, ect are becoming huge. This is a great way to get big fights without having to pay for ppv, although im sure the biggwst fighta like Loma Garcia or Crawford Pacquoao would still happen on regular ppv

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
              Showtime is giving you 20 shows a year, plus how many more ShoBox cards, plus their original programs (The Chi, Billions, Ray Donovan, Homeland, Shameless, etc), all live mind you, plus whatever movie rights that they have, for their $10/month.

ESPN+ is offering Horn-Crawford, another 11 cards beyond the ones they've committed to already putting on ESPN (where Arum will find the talent to fill all of these dates is beyond me), and basically the sports that'd end up on ESPN3 (rugby, NCAA wrestling and baseball, etc; doubt that WatchESPN is going anywhere) for $5/month.

Where's the value?
              If i can spend 5 dollars a month and get a card like crawford horn every month that looks like a value to me. If theyre only putting good cards on this service the this would be the biggest thing to have if your a boxing fan, id much rather pay 5 a month for good fights than 7 a month for the garbage Pbc puts on. Not to mention they were going to put Crawford Horn on ppv, which would cost a year what this subscription will and we'll get to see 11 more fights of good quality. Thats the value. Plus you can live stream right from your phone
              Last edited by jjsmyth87; 03-16-2018, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Arum continues to lead the way in boxing, live streaming services are a huge industry, netflix, Hulu, apple, Amazon and other companies spend billions a year on content. Netflix is a multibillion dollar a year company, one of the biggest in the world. Netflix alone spends billions a year on content, Dave Chappele got 60 million for 3 stand up specials on Netflix. Espn wants a piece of the pie, I bet Crawford and Top Rank are getting huge paydays for this fight. Boxing will bring Espn millions of subscribers who pay 5 dollars every months for high quality boxing cards, why do you think Espn is so excited to have Crawford Horn kick off their App? Bob Arum and all the Top Rank fighters will reap the benefits exclusively, and the fans get great fights for very little money. This is really great for boxing

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  2 of the best p4p fighters in the world had to have fights rescheduled because ticket sales were slow.

How this happens when both these dudes have built in fanbases in is ridiculous.

It seems simple to me-If Crawford or Mikey is the "A side" against relatively unknowns-put the fight in Nebraska or Southern Cal respectively. If they are the clear B side or the fight is against a Loma or Spence-put the fight in NYC or Vegas.

How fucking difficult is it.
                  Tickets havent even gone on sale yet for Crawford Horn, so how could slow ticket sales be the cause of this?

Comment

Originally posted by jjsmyth87 View Post
                    It is goinf to broadcast live events, except not on cable but your phone, tablet, or computer. Or if you have a smart t.v. you can connect it to your device and watch it on your t.v. And this is huge exposure for Crawford, do you know how many people are going to sign up for this service just for this fight alone? Theres so much cord cutting going on that companies like Hulu, Netflix, ect are becoming huge. This is a great way to get big fights without having to pay for ppv, although im sure the biggwst fighta like Loma Garcia or Crawford Pacquoao would still happen on regular ppv
                    You're crazy if you think this is huge exposure for Crawford. You're on a boxing site for hardcore fans & they are saying they're not getting the app. I guarantee Loma-Linares will be on regular ESPN & not this app. This app is less exposure than the HBO PPV Crawford was on.

And like I said, i was looking forward to this app because i dont have a cable box. But if they're showing ESPN 3 level programming I'm not buying it

Comment

i'm not paying for another espn service, bob arum isn't getting more money out of me, he was supposed to offer fights on espn tv platforms, that was the reason of leaving hbo

Comment

Working...
                      X