Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thurman: Spence Can Beat Me? I Will Handle Him, Whoop His Ass!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol.. you casuals crack me up! If we got the fights we wanted as soon as we want it.. we would have nothing to look forward too.. I want thurman at 100 percent. With both fighters in the best conditions.. so that way.. No excuses.. besides.. wilder vs ortiz is what i truly asked the gods of boxing for.. the best vs the best! The winner faces joshua vs parker winner..

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
      ...but not this year though. This is my "get-back" year.
      Wouldn't make any business sense to fight Spence this year. The fight would be much bigger next year.

Thurman understandably wants a comeback fight to test out his elbow and after that he likely has to fight Porter in a mandatory defense. If he gets by Porter, a Spence fight becomes very likely next year.

Comment

Chirpin' Thurman chirpin' up now? NOW? "Listen, I don't want to fight you this whole entire calendar year but if people think that's cowardly, then I'll talk up how I'd beat your butt to save face, all while not fighting you." How can a fighter talk **** when he admittedly doesn't want any for the foreseeable future?

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
          Wouldn't make any business sense to fight Spence this year. The fight would be much bigger next year.

Thurman understandably wants a comeback fight to test out his elbow and after that he likely has to fight Porter in a mandatory defense. If he gets by Porter, a Spence fight becomes very likely next year.
          Ah! Business sense. The thing every true boxing fan should care about, rather than the best fighting the best.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
            Ah! Business sense. The thing every true boxing fan should care about, rather than the best fighting the best.
            Fans should want whatever you want. I never criticize a fan for saying what fight they'd like to see.

The problem is that post after post, you have fans acting like they know what makes business sense. If they just stuck to saying what fight they want to see, there'd be no problem. Instead, they rarely say what they want to see and instead post ridiculous comments about who should have fought who to benefit their career, which fights they should have made regardless of whether the fight was makeable, complaining about fighters ducking fights that were never available, etc etc.

I've got no issue with: "I'd like to see Spence vs. Porter."

I've got an issue with: "Porter could have fought Spence instead of Granados, then unified with Thurman, then fought Pacquiao on PPV, but Porter is ducking."

Comment

We will see, in 2019. Until then, no need to talk about it.

Comment

Originally posted by HarvardBlue View Post
                If I was Thurman I would literally act like Spence doesn't exist. Every time he says his name he reminds everyone he's doing everything to avoid fighting him anytime soon. He's basically saying if Spence doesn't lose unfortunately he will have to fight him some time down the road.
                thanks...exactly

Comment

Originally posted by yoshik View Post
                  And you are a jag off.
                  5 posts in a row?
                  fckn blocked for being a fckn r e t a r d

Comment

Blah blah blah!
                    Thurman is going to incubate that belt the way DSG! Did for almost 3 years!!!
                    And the WBC wont do a damm thing!
                    OT can run but he cant hide... that elbow matter will not make him rush to anything based on he dont feel 100%!

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenGloveLove View Post
                      Chirpin' Thurman chirpin' up now? NOW? "Listen, I don't want to fight you this whole entire calendar year but if people think that's cowardly, then I'll talk up how I'd beat your butt to save face, all while not fighting you." How can a fighter talk **** when he admittedly doesn't want any for the foreseeable future?
                      Cause thats all he can do! TALK.....

Comment

Working...
                      X