Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who looked better, Rigo against Donaire or Loma against Russell?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rigo got dropped by Nonito and Loma destroyed Walters who destroyed Nonito. Not even sure how this is a discussion.

Comment

You have two top fighters willing to fight the best and guys on here still manage to pick size and trash the boxers. If you're a fan of rigondeaux, there's no reason you shouldn't be a fan of Loma and vice versa. Outside of the biased media coverage of Loma, he's shown he's willing to fight the best. Wish the fight could have happened at 126 , but oh well. I love both fighters, but personally I think Donaire victory was more important as a single win, while Loma victory over Axe man and GRJ is more impressive as a whole.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
        The same Nonito was getting hurt and beaten by old Vic the next fight and Vic was doing better then Rigo did. He thought about quitting, lucky he got that shot in. Nonito was already fading. The cracks were there before the Rigo fight.
        he koed vic, didn't he? I didn'tsee any quitting on him, frustrated, yes...
        Last edited by garfios; 11-19-2017, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
          Rigo got dropped by Nonito and Loma destroyed Walters who destroyed Nonito. Not even sure how this is a discussion.
          Neither I. Styles make fights and triangle theories rarely works in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
            he koed vic, didn't he? I didn'tsee any quitting on him, frustrated, yes...
            He admitted it himself in the post interview what he was thinking in his corner.

Comment

Ringo he did get dropped but got right back up and straight dominated Doniare like we never sawand Donaire was a p4p star at the time.
              Loma win over Russell was very impressive but his win over Walters handsdown takes the cake he dominated and made him quit.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
                Neither I. Styles make fights and triangle theories rarely works in boxing.
                if triangle theories rarely work, then so do these discussions of who beat a better version of who.

if you are saying that Rigo took Donair's confidence then Vic took it in the fight before for most of the fight.

at the end of the day Loma beat, Russel jr and Nicholas Walters, both of these fighters surpass the Donaire win that Rigo had. But as another poster posted earlier in this thread, this is a great fight and we shouldn't be hating on either fighter or their competition because we are in for a treat come December.

Comment

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
                  He didn't say Walters he said russel. And it was a flash kd rigo thought the ref was gonna break them up. He clearly wasn't hurt at all

We still use triangle theories in 2017?

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    I think Nonito was #4 at the time. Lots of people thought Rigo would get laid out, and I admit I was concerned when Guillermo mixed it up in the first four rounds of the fight. It turned out to be a near-whitewash. Dan Rafael, who hates Rigo, didn’t write flattering things about the fight, but I thought it was a pretty damn nice exhibition of boxing skill. 8/10, in terms of entertainment for me. Lomachenko-Russell didn’t come close.
                    And that's putting it mildly!

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
                      He is WAY OVER line on those Cubans.I like watching Rigo fight and don't mind Lara as long as he is fightin top comp.
                      Yep, that's the key with most of those Cubans: put them against a top flight opponent and you got yourself an exciting fight. If you put them against sub-par competition, you get a boring fight because these guys are too discipline to step out of what they do in order to provide the excitement.

Comment

Working...
                      X