No announcement yet.

Broner is in deep **** at welter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i agree.

what i don't like about broner most is his footspeed. he's flat footed for most of his fights. he does have decent footspeed when he flashes it, but the guy boxes 95% of the time like his heels are made of cement.

as he gets bigger opponents you'd expect him to move more / need to move more. maglignaggi has less power than antonio demarco, for instance. what's broner going to do with a WW or jr WW with power? i'm not saying that he's going to get swamped by power, but i don't think he can adjust.

if what we've been seeing with broner isn't enough he will start to lose. i don't think he's the dynamic fighter i had hoped for, after the malignaggi fight.

Comment

thought broner looked good but he failed to meet expectations. had he been less talkative he would have known paulie is hard to KTFO. unfortunately for broner his mouth has the spotlight on him-but that light illuminates his weaknesses far more than his strengths.

fans are waiting to see something special.

Comment

Originally posted by lparm View Post
        I see Broner beating maidana. The guy is too limited and Broner has a wider range of skills. That said the elite of welter all are a solid level or 2 above Broner and for a guy that talks like him he is in danger of being known for who he didn't fight rather than who he has fought.
        Maidana lacks speed and consistently good foot-work. He has gotten a bit better defensively and his jab will come to good use. Luckily for him, Broner isn't gonna move around much anyway. I think Broner will employ the same strategy he did against Paulie. He'll aim to tire/frustrate Chino in the middle of the ring, frequently resorting to the shell so Chino can bang away at him and lose energy not landing clean shots. He'll alternate from the shell to the peek-a-boo and try to land the lead straight right, lead left hook or a combination. I think Chino's conditioning has to be the best it's ever been to win.

Comment

I think Bradley would humiliate Broner.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
            I think Bradley would humiliate Broner.
            Humm this is an interesting fight because Bradley is not an elite welter,

He was universally recognized as being given one of the most notorious bad decisions in his "win" over Manny and I suspect the new roided version of JMM to finish him off.

Broner might beat old Timmy.

Comment

Working...
            X