No announcement yet.

GGG options for 2014

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    Will his fight on Fed 1st be on HBO? Its also 2 months after Murray fights wood, thats a quick turn around
    Can Murray fight in the U.S.? I was under the assumption that the Monte Carlo site was chosen because of that.

Unless he's going to fight outside of the country again later in the year.
    Last edited by -PBP-; 11-05-2013, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      Alright.... so let's list them out and see who's viable.

Just saw this, so Quillin is going to be a no go.

Stephen Espinoza ‏@StephenEspinoza 4 Nov
      HBO won't put Golden Boy fighters on air "@icerob5: Would you work w/HBO to make GGG v Quillin? Obviously the fight has to be on HBO..."

Stephen Espinoza ‏@StephenEspinoza 4 Nov
      Nope, assuming GG's a free agent "@PartiPants27: If K2 walked into @SHOsports to begin negotiations w@KIDCHOCOLATE - any issues?"

So..... that leaves:

Murray
      Martinez/Cotto winner
      Pirog (if he's back and after a tune-up)
      Koborov (if he actually gets a good fight in... hopefully Macklin/Nelson winner)
      Barker
      Geale
      Nielsen

Just hoping the four he fights next year are part of that list
      most of those are either crap options or not real options at all. only viable fights for golovkin at this point are murray, geale, and the cotto/martinez winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        Will his fight on Fed 1st be on HBO? Its also 2 months after Murray fights wood, thats a quick turn around
        I guess they don't think too much about Garth Woods

I think HBO will try to pick it up like they were trying for the December one

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
          Can Murray fight in the U.S.? I was under the assumption that the Monte Carlo site was chosen because of that.

Unless he's going to fight outside of the country again later in the year.
          Yea it will be in Monte Carlo, but will HBO be televising it? Seems far fetched to me

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
            most of those are either crap options or not real options at all. only viable fights for golovkin at this point are murray, geale, and the cotto/martinez winner.
            Well yea,some of them aren't ideal, but he isn't going to fight them in consecutively, would be awesome if he did.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
              Regardless. If he wants to build his name he has to clear out the division. If he doesn't fight 3-4 top 10 fighters then perhaps he needs to fight more than 4 times.

The more he fights the more buzz he'll make the more he will be able to get high rated PPV or promotional / advertising dollars.

Comment

Working...
              X