Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Keith Thurman Edges Shawn Porter To Win a War at Barclays

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Close fight. Thurman landed the cleaner more effective shots. Buckling Porter on a couple occasions. Porter being the aggressor. Was effective on the inside mauling Thurman to the head and body.

Comment

• All depends on how judges see the fight. I had it a draw or 1 point win for Porter... but it seems the judges liked Thurman's speed more than Porters rough house tactics. I'll say one thing... Thurman has never been in that tough a fight... and Porter certainly has nothing to be ashamed of. The only thing I think he lacked was enough aggression and punches when he had Thurman at or close to the ropes. Porter has a steel chin and is one tough dude. I look forward to seeing him fight again.

Comment

• I had Porter winning by two points. However, I am not surprised by the decision. Judges don't look at Porter's style favorably, unless he scores knockdowns.

On another note, I have to give Thurman props for for entering the ring. I thought he was going to fake an injury in the dressing room to get out of the fight again.

Comment

• Originally posted by alexander28 View Post
          Thurman the undefeated champion. One time!
          Unfortunately, instead of following this fight with another quality opponent like Garcia, Errol Spence or Bradley, Thurman will follow the blueprint of Deontay Wider and spend the next two years fighting no hopers. We'll be luck if we get to see Thurman vs. Chris Algieri in the next two years and that fight will probably be on PPV.

Comment

• Rematch PPV does 1 millon

Comment

• Originally posted by Crazylegs77 View Post
              Porter, please learn how to box. Distance can be your friend.
              Good point. I thought Porter was smothering his own punches when he had Thurman on the ropes. I kept say to myself that if Porter took a step back when he had Thurman on the ropes, he could have serious hurt or KO'd Thurman.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElBossHogg View Post
                porter won that fight.
                No, he didn't, because if he did...he would be the WW champion right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
                  No, he didn't, because if he did...he would be the WW champion right now.
                  Bookmarked. I have to spread before I can come back and red K you.

Comment

• Finally made it home from the fight, that 2 train was slow as hell, porter won that, I was at the Barclay watched it live, he got it, but I'll watch the telecast now on DVR

Comment

• Fantastic fight, could see it going either way depending on how judges score.

Comment

Working...
                      X