• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
    these are the facts (numbers don't lie)
    Pacquiao threw more punches (578-436)
    landed more punches (176-138
    more jabs (59-38)
    power punches (117-100

marquez has pacquiao's number, but his always be remembered as someone who could compete with pacquiao but not surpass him. you're not going to slightly out point a great champion and win. as the challenger, marquez did not DO enough to become champion.
    The facts according to COMPUBOX...Whats the point of having judges if there is Compubox? Which quite franlkly, is pretty pointless and not and i repeat NOT accurate.

Whats going to be remembered is Marquez being someone who had Pacquiao's number, but getting constantly shafted by the judges.

Comment

mic test check one two, *cough* ok

that's your opinion and this is an open forum.

marquez has pacquiao's number. all three fights were close. you say marquez was robbed but that's your opinion. before your throw another tantrum, let's look at the facts.

was it a robbery? hell no. the rounds were close, hard to score but there are rules on how to score a fight. each round is scored based on the following criteria: effective aggression, defense, ring generalship, and clean and hard punching. pacquiao is the very definition of aggression so he bags that, clean and hard punching, according to compubox stats, pacquiao threw 578 compared to marquez 436. pacquiao landed more, 176 to 138. so that's settled. pacquiao was able to hit marquez a lot more meaning pacquiao had the better defense. and then finally, ring generalship, now that's a toss up but american judges tend to reward the guy who throws more punches.

so ... robbery? you gotta be kidding. marquez suffers from the boy-who-cried-wolf syndrome. he has backers who agree with him, but marquez never blamed the one person he should have, himself. marquez has to get it through his skull that he needs to throw more than pacquiao, to show the judges that he's the better man. but that's not gonna happen since volume punching is pacquiao's bread and butter, either way you cut it, your biased opinion is clouding your judgement. face it, rules are rules

EDIT: at what point did marquez get robbed twice by the judges. the first time pacquiao and marquez met, pacman immediately overpowered his opponent. marquez made commendable effort the rest of the match, it was ruled a draw. one of the judges later admitted that he mis-scored the first round that featured the three knockdowns 10-7 when it should been 10-6. had all the knockdowns been properly accounted for, pacquiao would have won the match – no ands, ifs or ors about it. marquez did not get robbed. it was the other way around. do you see pacquiao wearing a t shirt about that?
      Just being more active doesnt win fights. That's not a rule.

Pawel Wolak would be undefeated and still in boxing

Wolak should come out in Filipino flag colored trunks. He could be like the Kameda brother that calls himself the Mexicano.

Comment

Judges don't deserve respect. They are incompetent and corrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by Zopilote View Post
          The facts according to COMPUBOX...Whats the point of having judges if there is Compubox? Which quite franlkly, is pretty pointless and not and i repeat NOT accurate.

Whats going to be remembered is Marquez being someone who had Pacquiao's number, but getting constantly shafted by the judges.
          no, what will be remembered is two grea boxers who had each other's number, and fought so close, and competitively on even terms no true winner ever emerged. at least that's what real boxing fans will remember.

One of the great stylistic meshes in contemporary fistic history. ..

Results of the 4th fight pending, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Zopilote View Post

don't blame the judges for giving the win to pacquiao. if it's anybody's fault its marquez's corner for telling him that he was ahead. i'm no expert but if i was in his corner, i'd be telling him that the fight is close and to go out there and FINISH the fight, but marquez did the exact opposite lifted his foot off the gas. go figure

Comment

marquez said pacquiao has only one opponent while he has four. marquez continues to discredit the boxing commission and questions their integrity. he claims to have been robbed of his victories in all three fights.

pacquiao was also in a similar situation when the judges ruled in favor of bradley, but unlike marquez, pacquiao accepted the judges' verdict humbly, after saying during the post-fight interview that he believed he won the fight.

pacquiao has learned a lesson but marquez just seems to be a sore loser. bottom line is that pacquiao can gain virtually nothing from a win except to confirm what boxing fans and experts already know: pacquiao is the better fighter and boxer than marquez.

your thoughts?
              ofcourse pacquiao isnt mad, he got one bad decision going against him after being awarded three gifts in the past. all in all he should be happy. marquez on the other hand just got screwed three times. hes right about fighting four men against pacquiao.

pacquiao can gain plenty, he still doesnt have a convincing win over marquez and he is by no means a better fighter. he needs to beat marquez fair and square, something he never did.

most importantly if a fighter feels there is an injustice in boxing he should speak up about it. otherwise ppl keep getting away with it, wether or not an injustice took place is up for debate but if marquez feels he was robbed like plenty of fans do myself included he should say so.

this crap about discrediting the judges and the comissions integrity being a bad thing is nonsense, you ppl really gonna pretend there isnt corruption in boxing? that just helps them get away with it. if the comissions and judges were questioned and called on their bull**** more often the sport would benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mato o Muero View Post
                Judges don't deserve respect. They are incompetent and corrupt.
                Totally agree, I would prefer fans just score fights online and that be official judging.....sure you would have a few nutthuggers but by in large most fans want to see the right guy win.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                  Totally agree, I would prefer fans just score fights online and that be official judging.....sure you would have a few nutthuggers but by in large most fans want to see the right guy win.
                  yes. . .
                  the scores for marquez/pac 3 from all boxing sources/fans were almost dead even. . . not counting the boxing sources in the philippines, and mexico, which would be subject to bias.

but i agree with this. . official judges decisions shouldn't be taken into account. . .

Comment

but real tlak, marquez did disappoint me by acting so sore. . . it's hard to lose respect for marquez, but i almost did. . .

he was not robbed in the third fight. . . i had marquez winning 115-113, but there was way more than one round that was close enough to go either way. . it's just that marquez won more rounds more clearly than pac. . but there was still 3-4 rounds that could ahve gone either way.

i could see scores being as wide as 117-111 for marquez, or 116-112 for pacquiao.

pac got ROBBED in bradley fight,and he acted like a grown ass man about it.

Comment

don't blame the judges for giving the win to pacquiao. if it's anybody's fault its marquez's corner for telling him that he was ahead. i'm no expert but if i was in his corner, i'd be telling him that the fight is close and to go out there and FINISH the fight, but marquez did the exact opposite lifted his foot off the gas. go figure

Hey! You finally got something right! Good job.

Comment

Working...
                      X