Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How was Teddy Atlas such a good trainer but beyond bad a picking winners of fights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How was Teddy Atlas such a good trainer but beyond bad a picking winners of fights?

One would think that being a very exceptional trainer would mean that you would be able to predict the outcome of a good amount of fights based on fighters strengths and weaknesses yet every time I see Teddy Atlas predict a mega fight he is wrong almost 100% of the time. Has anyone else noticed this or have I only been reading Teddy Atlas predictions on the few that he just so happens to get wrong?

Originally posted by DJR005 View Post
    One would think that being a very exceptional trainer would mean that you would be able to predict the outcome of a good amount of fights based on fighters strengths and weaknesses yet every time I see Teddy Atlas predict a mega fight he is wrong almost 100% of the time. Has anyone else noticed this or have I only been reading Teddy Atlas predictions on the few that he just so happens to get wrong?
    Teddy Atlas was a good trainer?

Comment

I get predictions right on random fights just on who looks like they would win lol. It's a 50 50 shot most of the time and he just has bad luck I suppose

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
        Teddy Atlas was a good trainer?
        Well wasn't he along w D'Amato a huge facotr in Mike Tyson's prime and I think he led Michael Moorer to the HW championship. It takes a trainer who knows some things to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by DJR005 View Post
          Well wasn't he along w D'Amato a huge facotr in Mike Tyson's prime and I think he led Michael Moorer to the HW championship. It takes a trainer who knows some things to do that.
          A great fighter can make any trainer look good, Atlas is average at best.

Comment

i didnt think much of Atlas as a trainer

Comment

his hate for pacquiao and roach stem from the fact that he was denied work by the pacquiao camp and ever since then, he's been hating on pacquiao.

Comment

Doesn't he always go for the underdog? Maybe he just automatically does that now.

Comment

He handicaps the betting, thats all. He knows whats what, but being a media persona allows him to influence the masses in a way that most profitable to those in the know.

Comment

no one can predict the future 100% of the time.

Comment

Working...
                    X