Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If a fighter loses every round and gets a KO in the 12th is he the better fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If a fighter loses every round and gets a KO in the 12th is he the better fighter?

If the judges had him losing every round, but he got the knockout in the 12th, is he the better fighter?
    Yes
    69.05%
    No
    30.95%

You need to finish the fight. If the other guy took you best stuff and still had enough to KO you then he is better.

Comment

A knock out is a knock out, the round doesn't matter.

Comment

It depends on who I'm rooting for. If my guy gets caught, then it was a lucky punch, and scorecards doe. But if it's my guy that KO the other dude, then it's full 12 rounds, doe.

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post
          If the judges had him losing every round, but he got the knockout in the 12th, is he the better fighter?
          Yes, he was the better man in the fight... Doesn't always mean he's the better fighter

For instance, if I take the worst 175 lber and pit him against a prime Floyd at 147 and the bum at 175 beats Floyd, it doesnt mean he was a more skilled fighter, just that he was the better fighter in a one on one fight.

Comment

if he loses every round but then score a ko in the 12th and won the fight... i wouldnt say he was the better fighter. it depends on how he score the ko..

was his opponent already gassed out by this time? hard to say he's the better guy if his opponent is already gassed out by this point. i would say he's the tougher guy, but i wouldnt say he's the better fighter.

Comment

He won the fight so for that day he is better. If he would do better against other fighters is hard to say and a judgement call.

Comment

It’s not about the ride, it’s about the destination.

Comment

Yes, on that night he is the better fighter if he wins by KO.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                    You need to finish the fight. If the other guy took you best stuff and still had enough to KO you then he is better.
                    Pretty much.

And the jury would be out on both guys....why can't the guy who controlled the fight actually finish the fight and the guy who won by last-minute KO obviously has trouble controlling a fight.

Both are in a losing situation once you put it all on the table.
                    Last edited by MeanestNiceGuy; 02-17-2020, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X