Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 12-31-2019, 04:49 PM #51
Up and Comer

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
HENNY will become famous soon enough
Bank: 1,574.39
Total Points: 10,895.74

Mosley, primarily because of size. Skill for skill, Loma is the better fighter, but size and weight matter in boxing.

Just because Loma would probably lose to a bigger fighter in Mosley, doesn't mean he's not the better fighter. He's just not a true 135 pounder, whereas Shane is (and more)
HENNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 04:50 PM #52
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2466 Post(s)
Outwest Exp 355 has a reputation beyond reputeOutwest Exp 355 has a reputation beyond reputeOutwest Exp 355 has a reputation beyond reputeOutwest Exp 355 has a reputation beyond reputeOutwest Exp 355 has a reputation beyond reputeOutwest Exp 355 has a reputation beyond reputeOutwest Exp 355 has a reputation beyond reputeOutwest Exp 355 has a reputation beyond reputeOutwest Exp 355 has a reputation beyond reputeOutwest Exp 355 has a reputation beyond reputeOutwest Exp 355 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 26.35
Total Points: 33,960.58
I put you on ignore because you're floyd dlckrider you pu55y a55 biatch.  I don't want a grown man who idolises another man in my threads.  I'm going to be away for a few days so give this to your mom and tell her I said to think of me when she uses - apples 

Mosley and Duran might be the 2 best lightweights of all time.
Outwest Exp 355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 05:14 PM #53
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1814 Post(s)
Rusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 90,555.39

Mosley couldn't handle his pressure. His power and strength make it a hard night for Lomachenko, but Lomachenko is too skilled to find himself planted in the line of fire. His footwork (angles of attack) and workrate is like nothing Mosely ever dealt with.
Rusty Tromboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 05:21 PM #54
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 6273 Post(s)
champion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 157,174,520.82
Total Points: 157,353,500.43
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder 

Shane's size and punching power at 135; Especially to the body would prove to be too much for Lomachenko. Mosley stops him in 5 rounds. Shane is just too strong at Lightweight for the "Matrix".
champion4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 05:24 PM #55
Undisputed Champion

Rusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HENNY View Post
Mosley, primarily because of size. Skill for skill, Loma is the better fighter, but size and weight matter in boxing.

Just because Loma would probably lose to a bigger fighter in Mosley, doesn't mean he's not the better fighter. He's just not a true 135 pounder, whereas Shane is (and more)
That size means nothing if he can't use it.

What about Mosely being big and roided out helps him solve the puzzle of Lomachenko's footwork? If Lomacehnko came forward conventionally, then I would agree. But Lomachenko's relentless pressure never comes at a straight angle, and he's as defensively-sound as any defensive fighter fighting off his backfoot.

We have seen Lomachenko wreck bigger men. Even the Lightweights who've gone the distance have not only dropped wide decisions, they narrowly avoided being stopped. While I can agree that Mosely makes it more competitive, he really has nothing to prevent Lomachenko from boring in and ravaging his body.

Leagues apart in skill.
Old 12-31-2019, 05:24 PM #56
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 6273 Post(s)
champion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 157,174,520.82
Total Points: 157,353,500.43
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madison boxing View Post
Loma beats him. People always go with the older fighter but loma is just another level. He might be the most talented fighter ive ever seen.
Obviously, you haven't seen the lightweight version of Sugar Shane Mosley who was a vicious body puncher. Loma would have the speed advantage but Mosley would prove to be too big and too strong for Vasiliy Lomachenko at 135. He'll stop him before the seventh round.
champion4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 05:34 PM #57
Up and Comer

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
HENNY will become famous soon enough
Bank: 1,574.39
Total Points: 10,895.74

Valid point, Loma's skill is what makes this interesting, even with the size of Mosley. But, even with the footwork, Loma fights in mid-range, which is primarily dangerous when you're fighting a bigger fighter that's just as fast, and with a good right hand. This is where Linares capitalized when he shot that right hand to score a knockdown. And Mosley is unusually physically strong for his size as well, especially in the clinch.

While I would think Mosley's size would carry the victory, I wouldn't disregard the skill gap between the 2. I'm not a fan of Mosley's lazy jab, so it could go either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
That size means nothing if he can't use it.

What about Mosely being big and roided out helps him solve the puzzle of Lomachenko's footwork? If Lomacehnko came forward conventionally, then I would agree. But Lomachenko's relentless pressure never comes at a straight angle, and he's as defensively-sound as any defensive fighter fighting off his backfoot.

We have seen Lomachenko wreck bigger men. Even the Lightweights who've gone the distance have not only dropped wide decisions, they narrowly avoided being stopped. While I can agree that Mosely makes it more competitive, he really has nothing to prevent Lomachenko from boring in and ravaging his body.

Leagues apart in skill.
HENNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 06:19 PM #58
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by HENNY View Post
Valid point, Loma's skill is what makes this interesting, even with the size of Mosley. But, even with the footwork, Loma fights in mid-range, which is primarily dangerous when you're fighting a bigger fighter that's just as fast, and with a good right hand. This is where Linares capitalized when he shot that right hand to score a knockdown. And Mosley is unusually physically strong for his size as well, especially in the clinch.

While I would think Mosley's size would carry the victory, I wouldn't disregard the skill gap between the 2. I'm not a fan of Mosley's lazy jab, so it could go either way.

He does, but that prevents bigger fighters from going Vlad on him, thus smothering his offense and sapping his energy. Mid-Range actually works better for him than fighting in tight.

He's always throwing and always moving. He also (liek Duran) invites fighters to miss. Draining a fighter's energy and confidence offer another level of safety.
Old 12-31-2019, 06:29 PM #59
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 750 Post(s)
RGJTMMRDCMJRJSM has a reputation beyond reputeRGJTMMRDCMJRJSM has a reputation beyond reputeRGJTMMRDCMJRJSM has a reputation beyond reputeRGJTMMRDCMJRJSM has a reputation beyond reputeRGJTMMRDCMJRJSM has a reputation beyond reputeRGJTMMRDCMJRJSM has a reputation beyond reputeRGJTMMRDCMJRJSM has a reputation beyond reputeRGJTMMRDCMJRJSM has a reputation beyond reputeRGJTMMRDCMJRJSM has a reputation beyond reputeRGJTMMRDCMJRJSM has a reputation beyond reputeRGJTMMRDCMJRJSM has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,638.48
Total Points: 37,601.70

Mosley is undefeated at lightweight. Only lost at welterweight to elite hof competition and above welterweight at the tail end of his career.

I don't even see Lona winning against any top 10 welterweight. Or even against anyone at 140.

Mosley by KO
RGJTMMRDCMJRJSM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 07:18 PM #60
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2602 Post(s)
just the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,705.17
Total Points: 57,352.76
Here you go girl - krazyn8tive No Message - afgbjfgmih 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
Mosley and Duran might be the 2 best lightweights of all time.
Duran, no doubt, but lightweight is pretty deep for that to be true for Mosely. Whitaker and Carlos Ortiz off the top of my head.
just the facts is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
boxing fantasy