No announcement yet.

Jessie Vargas says Haymon negotiated his DAZN deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jessie Vargas says Haymon negotiated his DAZN deal

Pretty significant. Confirms, as some people are saying, Hearn isn't "stealing" fighters from Haymon, and its happening with his involvement.

Talks about 4 minutes in about it

It's funny how people are writing off Hearn already when it's been literally a couple of months since he announced this DAZN deal. These things take time..

Whether people like the guy or not, i wouldn't write him off, especially after 2 months. He and his dad especially are very smart business men who have been around sports for years and years. The people behind DAZN are not amateurs or stupid, they have been around the entertainment industries for years and have huge backing. They have approached to Hearn for a reason.

There's a gap in the sports market for something like DAZN to grow into something very big and if it does, Hearn's influence will keep growing and fighters will turn to him.

Also, Haymon is just an advisor. If he feels it's financially more beneficial for his fighter to work with Hearn, he will push for that surely? - A guy like Jessie Vargas would be better off with someone promoting him and having a steady and consistent schedule.
    Last edited by TheBigLug; 07-19-2018, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Haymon is an adviser, if he feels a deal represents his fighters then he would advice them to take it. This is why Jacobs signed with Matchroom.

Comment

You can't blame poor Haymon. He manages or advises hundreds of boxers. He can't spend too much time on just one of them.

Comment

Seems to me he consistently puts his fighters first. On most occasions at least.

Comment

I think it's a good thing if Haymon and Hearn work together to put on the fights we all want to see.

Comment

I was hoping Vargas would at least get a fight with Spence. Not happening now

Comment

Haymon dipping into Eddie's pockets now.

Does this guy know Jedi Mind Control or something??

HOW DOES HE DO IT.

Comment

I think several people have mentioned how it would be beneficial for both to work together on some level....haymon has a lot of guys and cant always get all of them dates/work

the question is...to what level/degree is haymon willing to help him? haymon still has a good relationship with Espinoza and they've been working together for some time now.....is haymon willing to go to hearn with a big fighter that hes been branding on showtime? that remains to be seen

vargas is a good fighter...decent name....but nothing anyone is going to lose sleep over...

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                    Seems to me he consistently puts his fighters first. On most occasions at least.
                    Definitely. But that's also evident by the amount of fighters who swear by him.

Because he gets them what they want.

Would be very interesting if Haymon would more willing to expand his PBC platform beyond showtime (for big fighters).

Comment

Working...
                    X