• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC 208: Holm vs. de Randamie Discussion

Views on fight discussion who's gonna win

Originally posted by Brocklee View Post
    Views on fight discussion who's gonna win
    I love Holly Holm BUT that chick she is fighting is UGLY as hell and usually the ugly chicks fight like beast.

One thing thats obvious about a Champion Pro Boxer transforming to MMA is their unwillingness to fight off their lead leg. I understand why but it sacrifices a lot of power. I know Holly hasnt been known as a power puncher BUT its not the 1st shot that usually gets em, its the follow-up.

With that said, unless Holly stands her ground, I see this fight looking worse than her last 1 with that Muay Thai chick. Holly needs to move with purpose and set up her combos unlike her last fight, she fought to defensive. If she can do that I can see Holly winning by a close decision. On the flip side I can see her getting stopped or losing a wide 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
      I love Holly Holm BUT that chick she is fighting is UGLY as hell and usually the ugly chicks fight like beast.
      LMFAO. Although as a consistent combat sports bettor you got me thinking about starting a spreadsheet on this & see what the stats say.

As for the fight I think Holm is the better, smarter fighter. She's got the best team in MMA behind her (Jackson Wink). I am concerned about her age (35yrs) cuz I think we've been conditioned into thinking you aren't old in the fight game anymore based on a minority of great fighters who've had success past 32, 33, 34 years old. The reality is even most great fighters were done by 35 or a shadow of themselves.

That said there is a solid argument she just got unlucky vs Tate & that Shevchenko could be the next champion so those back to back losses aren't as bad as they are being made out to be. Meanwhile De Randamie has 2 of her 3 losses to Julia Budd & Vanessa Porto & most of her wins are over younger girls with less experience in the game.

All that said I gotta go with the proven entity, who's surprisingly the dog here, in Holm to win even if shes got a lot of miles on her & is coming off of two L's over the entity with no solid W's & the only notable person she's fought (Nunes) taking her out in a round (although tbf if you lose to Nunes you are gonna lose in the 1st round most likely). I think Holm stops her in the 2nd half of the fight or wins a 30-27 decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        LMFAO. Although as a consistent combat sports bettor you got me thinking about starting a spreadsheet on this & see what the stats say.

As for the fight I think Holm is the better, smarter fighter. She's got the best team in MMA behind her (Jackson Wink). I am concerned about her age (35yrs) cuz I think we've been conditioned into thinking you aren't old in the fight game anymore based on a minority of great fighters who've had success past 32, 33, 34 years old. The reality is even most great fighters were done by 35 or a shadow of themselves.

That said there is a solid argument she just got unlucky vs Tate & that Shevchenko could be the next champion so those back to back losses aren't as bad as they are being made out to be. Meanwhile De Randamie has 2 of her 3 losses to Julia Budd & Vanessa Porto & most of her wins are over younger girls with less experience in the game.

All that said I gotta go with the proven entity, who's surprisingly the dog here, in Holm to win even if shes got a lot of miles on her & is coming off of two L's over the entity with no solid W's & the only notable person she's fought (Nunes) taking her out in a round (although tbf if you lose to Nunes you are gonna lose in the 1st round most likely). I think Holm stops her in the 2nd half of the fight or wins a 30-27 decision.

Isn't it a five round fight for championships?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post

Comment

Bet Germaine, thank me later.

Comment

Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
              Isn't it a five round fight for championships?
              Lol yea my bad. This comes off as a bs title fight nor seems like it should be the main event when Silva is on the card to me so I was thinking 3.

Comment

Lol yea my bad. This comes off as a bs title fight nor seems like it should be the main event when Silva is on the card to me so I was thinking 3.
                Yeah, I thought it was too, until I was reading up on the card.

Isn't this the opening bout at 145 (women's featherweight division). Whoever wins this fight is the inaugural women's featherweight champion, aye?

This is a very weak card, IMO. Joe Rogan was talking about how weak it was on his podcast about a month ago.

Especially since it's PPV, and I believe the first fight at Barclay's center in NYC. Second card in NY, as McGregor/Alvarez was Madison Square Garden (I think).

You think Silva beats Brunson? Silva has definitely lost a step (or more like three), but even this version of Silva should still be able to beat Brunson, I think.

A reflex-heavy fighter like Silva - all it takes is those extra few centimeters (Weidman fight when left hook landed on his jaw).

Comment

Also great synopsis/breakdown of the Holm fight; Holm SHOULD win this fight, as she appears to be the better fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by ( . Y . ) View Post
                    Bet Germaine, thank me later.
                    Hope you guys made money. i sure did.

Comment

Working...
                    X