Collapse
No announcement yet.

lets get it straight, boxers can be cowardly

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most don't even realize they have a fighter's mentality until they've had a couple of fights outside the ring. Now with a ring doctor, 3rd man, your team, an ambulance parked outside and boxing gloves, Im suppose to believe these guys are cowardly? Nah man....

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
      it usually gets people bashing there keyboards in anger when someone calls a boxer a coward but it can be the truth and weve seen recent examples of it.

if you are consistently fighting guys who are not in your league and doing them serious damage as a result, youre a coward. if you wont fight people who are at world level and instead are content to knock bums out on undercards, youre a ****ing coward.

in most other sports theres systems in place to ensure you fight people on your level. theres too many fighters with undefeated records dining out on bums and not taking risks. How the **** can there be so many world level fighters with undefeated records, its beyond a joke and the mentality these days seems to be unless youve got the 0, youre ****e. if youre a world level fighter, unless you are the clear top dog in your division you sure as **** shouldnt be undefeated, more likely than not youre undefeated cause youre cherry picking ****ing scrubs. fighters need to stop parading the '0' like a badge of honour.

can say it takes guts to get in the ring but what guts are needed when you know youre gonna win. I highly doubt fighters are ****ting themselves in the changing room when they are 1/7 on to win against some bum whos lost to someone youve already whooped.

too many fighters have got a schoolyard bully mentality these days.... maybe it comes from the fans putting pressure on fighters to be undefeated and then throwing them on the scrapheap if they lose the 0. Too scared to take any risks
      I don't think you realise how much courage it takes to even spar in a ring, let alone fight in front of thousands of people.

I remember my first few sparring sessions, my whole body was literally shaking with nerves before, now I've had that in other team sports that I played before a big game, but this was different, it was more intense and I felt sick.

Apart from that I could argue a lot of what you have said - but a few people have already done it.

Danny Williams used to cry and have anxiety attacks before fights, is he a coward? Just a different perspective for you.

I think other professional fighters or rivals have a right to call each other cowards, you however do not, and neither do any of the other dingbats on here.

Comment

GGG is wats wrong with boxing! But I blame the white and Mexican cowards who back him in every move he makes!!!

Comment

didnt take the ******s long to infect this thread, what boxers have fought two harder opponents in a row than jacobs and canelo? give me a list or shut the **** up

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
            As much as I would of liked to see devrychenko a 3 week replacement is not a disgrace no elite fighter would realistically take a fight on that little notice that’s half a training camp and for ggg a 3 week training camp is auto knock out it’s also not his fualt clenelo juiced but hate on.
            So Lil g can't prep for Derev in short notice but a retired JMW who's been out the ring for two years can prep for Lil g in three weeks?

Excuses.

The ONLY reason he picked Vanes was to not risk missing out on a potential Canelo payday in September that may not even take place. Canelo most likely returns for a tuneup. But Lil g is attached to Canelo like white on rice. Obsessed clown.

Look at the ticket sales. Is that Canelo's fault too? the Stubhub is gonna be empty unless they give tickets out for FREE. Even Chocolatito said fck that weak ass card and went home LOL.

Can't blame Canelo for everything man.

Picking Vanes is 100% a COWARD move. period. And the TS is right on point in subliminally calling Lil g a punk for this.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Anyone who puts their life on the line to make a living is not a coward.
              What? So guys like Victor Ortiz who talk ****, sucker people into paying for tickets/ppv then proceed to quit literally 5 separate times is not a coward? Victor is the definition of a coward, and he’s not the only boxer to quit.

Ps I boxed for 10 years on and off, never turned pro but fought a lot, took some savage beatings and wanted to quit many times but never did so I feel I can judge.

Not all boxers are guys like Arthur Abraham who will fight 8 rounds with a broken jaw...and still win.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                didnt take the ******s long to infect this thread, what boxers have fought two harder opponents in a row than jacobs and canelo? give me a list or shut the **** up
                Took him long enough...

The guy is nearing his 40s, and fought Jacobs because it was a mandatory, and Canelo because it was close to triple his highest payday.

I remember when he said he was a boxing "idol," and not not a businessman...then he subsequently became just that.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildstalker View Post
                  So Golovkin is a coward then? Lmao.

Not sure who you were trying to refer to, but ggg almost matches that description of yours word by word.
                  LMFAOOOOO YOU DA MAN...BO$$NELO

GENNADY WONT SIGN TO FIGHT THE BOSS. GUARANTEED.

MUSCLES. TOO. BIG.

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
                    So Lil g can't prep for Derev in short notice but a retired JMW who's been out the ring for two years can prep for Lil g in three weeks?

Excuses.

The ONLY reason he picked Vanes was to not risk missing out on a potential Canelo payday in September that may not even take place. Canelo most likely returns for a tuneup. But Lil g is attached to Canelo like white on rice. Obsessed clown.

Look at the ticket sales. Is that Canelo's fault too? the Stubhub is gonna be empty unless they give tickets out for FREE. Even Chocolatito said fck that weak ass card and went home LOL.

Can't blame Canelo for everything man.

Picking Vanes is 100% a COWARD move. period. And the TS is right on point in subliminally calling Lil g a punk for this.
                    Known gggcuck Drama show

Got **** ON..

LMFAOOOOO YOU DA MAN...BO$$NELO

GENNADY WONT SIGN TO FIGHT THE BOSS. GUARANTEED.

MUSCLES. TOO. BIG.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                      FAR too much gets directed toward the boxers when is the management that is making the decisions. Fans have a very simple view of things. Most of the people here seem to think the fighters themselves make these decisions, write the contacts, etc. Typically, they pay professionals a lot of money to guide them in these matters. Look at the flack AJ catches for what Hearn does. I seriously doubt AJ is a coward. But, looking at how he's managed, it creates that impression. The whole Golovkin/Ward thing was the same way with Golovkin looking bad. You can't judge the courage of a pro fighter based on how his management is guiding him.
                      THIS!!!!!

This is something I try to bring up myself every now & again with these "ducking" "scared" "coward" type threads. The reality is we have a very limited awareness of the behind the scenes activities that are pushing a fight towards happening or pulling it apart from happening. With that limited & usually way after the fact stuff being out of site to us fans its naive to think fans can make calls on who's ducking, scared or a coward.

I will say I'm sure there are "cowards" in boxing. They just aren't guys we see or talk about a whole lot cuz they don't get very far in the game & they are seldomly ranked guys although I'm sure there are probably a few at any given time.

Comment

Working...
                      X