Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz: I Want To Go Back To 140 and Get That World Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz: I Want To Go Back To 140 and Get That World Title

In what was a statement making performance, Vergil Ortiz Jr. (13-0, 13 KOs) of Dallas, Texas overpowered Mauricio Herrera (24-9, 7 KOs) of Riverside, Calif. to win by knockout in the third round of a welterweight fight originally scheduled for 10 rounds.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This kid gonna be a problem for years

Comment

Love to see him get back to 140. Not sure he still makes the weight comfortably. Ortiz looks to be legit. Can’t wait to see him compete against the next level of fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldognyc View Post
        Love to see him get back to 140. Not sure he still makes the weight comfortably. Ortiz looks to be legit. Can’t wait to see him compete against the next level of fighters.
        He is from Dallas so Ortiz VS Maurice Hooker (Both are from Dallas) makes sense and it is the easiest fight for him to win a 140 pound title, if he can't get down to 140, then another Dallas Showdown with Errol Spence would be huge in Dallas.

Comment

Originally posted by djb914 View Post
          He is from Dallas so Ortiz VS Maurice Hooker (Both are from Dallas) makes sense and it is the easiest fight for him to win a 140 pound title, if he can't get down to 140, then another Dallas Showdown with Errol Spence would be huge in Dallas.
          Spence will avoid him

Comment

Ortiz is a very special talent and future p4p guy along with tefimo

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
              Spence will avoid him
              I'd love to see that fight but I don't see ODH letting Ortiz anywhere near Spence. Also, that fight would need to be made a while from now. As good as Ortiz is I don't see him beating Spence right now.

Comment

First time I saw him and I am already a fan, want to see more, that 140lb division looks really juicy now and this kid is BIG and can easily fight at 147-154 in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by djb914 View Post
                  The Hooker match up would be excellent. Hooker has surprised me. I didn’t think he’d get this far. But if he doesn’t have a fight planned then this should probably be fast tracked. I’d like to see him in against Cano as well.

Comment

oh HELL YEA get this guy at 140. add teofimo lopez inna year. holy ****. if 147 was worth its salt itd be 140.
                    Last edited by ceylon mooney; 05-05-2019, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X