No announcement yet.

California Senator introduces bill to crack down free speech on the internet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Over 20% of voters in 2016 said the open SC seat was their most important issue.

What's messed up about the Court right now, is on too many cases, you know how the 4 liberals will vote, and will be by bloc.

It's really sad when you can predict how 4 Justices will vote, even before oral arguments. To be frank, I don't even know why they bother showing up to hear the arguments.
    Takes issue with how the liberal justices vote, but not the 5 conservative judges. LMFAO!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
      Over 20% of voters in 2016 said the open SC seat was their most important issue.

What's messed up about the Court right now, is on too many cases, you know how the 4 liberals will vote, and will be by bloc.

It's really sad when you can predict how 4 Justices will vote, even before oral arguments. To be frank, I don't even know why they bother showing up to hear the arguments.
      The good news is that Ginsburg is 85, Breyer will be 80 soon and even better news is that Kennedy may retire this summer. There's a good possibility the court could hold a 7-2 advantage for decades in protecting the Constitution if everything plays out right. I want multiple originalists on the court and not activists.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        Eff P, don't we as a society have to do something to prevent news spreading lies and fake news? if the media is using the 1st amendment irresponsibly to lie about President Trump, shouldn't steps be taken to prevent this?
        I don't think you f#ck with my twitter account to do it. If they wanna go harder on politicians who outright tell lies on TV to millions of people fair play to that. I think politicians who tell lies, provable lies over & over SHOULD have some criminal offense thrown on them. Or they should have to more carefully word their opinion-pieces to avoid fallen into that trap.

What can be done to stop liberal media from lying about republicans other than altering the 1st amendment?
        Its both sides who do it. But I think just like I said about if you wanna hold politicans to a higher level fair play. But idk what you or I got to do with all that sort sh^t or several billion other people.

Comment

Well yeah I mean I guess telling the truth is a good thing but it’s easier to just lie to further your agenda

Comment

Originally posted by Theodore View Post
            The good news is that Ginsburg is 85, Breyer will be 80 soon and even better news is that Kennedy may retire this summer. There's a good possibility the court could hold a 7-2 advantage for decades in protecting the Constitution if everything plays out right. I want multiple originalists on the court and not activists.
            God, do I hope that comes to pass.

I'm hoping he gets to replace Ginsburg for sure. Not only does she have no business even being on the Court, it would be some epic Karma.

Comment

Who elected that goofy looking bastard?

Definitely going the way of Nazi Germany here. When Hitler took power he banned Jazz music...don't think we are too far behind.

Comment

The day I leave California will be the happiest day of my life. I Can't wait to leave this commie ****hole

Comment

Originally posted by Build That Wall View Post
                  The day I leave California will be the happiest day of my life. I Can't wait to leave this commie ****hole
                  I gotta ask, why are you staying?

Comment

Wait a second. Trump supporters agree with him that everything is fake news. They complain that MSNBC, the NY times, etc. print too many lies and negative articles about their beloved Trump.

This bill prevents fake news from being placed on the internet. This way anything that these sites print about Trump will have to be verified. This would eliminate all the "false stories and lies" Trump, Hannity and his supporters complain about.

Yet the Trump supporters do not like this bill. Odd.

The TS calls this a "free speech killer", which seems odd because reading what was posted about the bill anything would be allowed to be posted as long as its proven factual.

Isn't that what "free speech" really is about?

Sounds to me like the Trump supporters want the freedom to lie on the internet and not be held accountable for those lies. Funny but these are the same posters that get very upset and want the mods to address posters they claim "falsely accuse them of being racist" on this forum.

Isn't that allowed under the 1st amendment?

Lying is protected by the Constitution so they have a point. I just find it interesting that they want protection from posts they feel are lies while also wanting the freedom to post lies about others.
                    Eff P, don't we as a society have to do something to prevent news spreading lies and fake news? if the media is using the 1st amendment irresponsibly to lie about President Trump, shouldn't steps be taken to prevent this?

What can be done to stop liberal media from lying about republicans other than altering the 1st amendment?
                    Takes issue with how the liberal justices vote, but not the 5 conservative judges. LMFAO!!!!
                    The ******edness that comes from you never ends.

You have zero critical thinking skills

You want the government to be in charge of facts?

How about when obama and the CBO lies about the cost of Obamacare and lied about keeping your plan and doctor and lied about premiums going down.
                    Then right wing bloggers say it’s bullshyt, are they allowed to say that?

History has shown that obama and CBO were completely wrong, but when it was debated, are the state “fact checkers” going to go against the state and say they are wrong and ban them from social media posts?

So explain how that situation goes down with “fact check” laws you support like an idiot

Comment

Motorcity Cobra is all about this. Where you at, herr neo-lib?

Comment

Working...
                      X