No announcement yet.

WBSS Prediction Brackets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excited for this.

No one going for Jamie Cox to bang everyone out, no?

Initially I thought the SMW was a bit underwhelming but just the trio of Groves, Eubank, and Smith is hard to split and people seem high on Yildrim never seen him fight though - which of his fights should I watch?

Braehmer is very long in the tooth, and Skojlund is another one I've never seen and either is Brant. Have Americans here even heard of Brant? I hope he does well because as far as I'm concerned the American-based fighters seem to have bottled the competition.

Groves and Eubank have sparred a lot haven't they? Has Smith sparred with either?

Groves is my guy though I hope he wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      I don't expect these WBSS ones will be unless the broadcast deal is a PPV one which seems like it'd reduce the audience to me so I don't see it happening.

I imagine Eubank is making more off of this fight already wherever it is. And if he wins the whole thing he's making $10M. Has he made $10M in his last 3 fights with 2 of them being PPV?
      One of those two I mentioned were in fact the upcoming Abraham fight this weekend and I don't know the figures from the first one for the fight he won the IBO belt from the Aussie dude.

Comment

Maybe later I'll give a more in depth but for now...

Eubank will win 168 and Dorticos will win CW. He will beat Usyk in the final.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
          One of those two I mentioned were in fact the upcoming Abraham fight this weekend and I don't know the figures from the first one for the fight he won the IBO belt from the Aussie dude.
          Yea I just have a hard time believing he's making THAT much off those cheaper UK PPV's. The whole reason he's in this WBSS tournament is cuz its highly winnable for him + it pays better then he's getting paid I gotta assume (or I assume more than any of these guys are getting paid or at least will make in 3 fights).

I don't think the Eubank's have any loyalty to PPV, regular TV or anything else. They will change their plan on a dime if it makes sense & ~$10M for winning 3 very winnable fights would be dumb to pass up whoever happens to be broadcasting it.

This tournament is unlike any guys previous situation. If Jamie Cox or Mike Perez surprise everyone & win these tournaments they are walking away with $10M regardless of how many viewers watched to see them specifically or how many tickets they sold at the venues. The money for the fighters is guaranteed already they just have to win.

Randomly I'm curious how the $25M is gonna be chopped up between rounds in each tournament (or if its even gonna be $25M each cuz I think the CW's got an argument to get more of the $50M since they got higher caliber guys in the WBSS). And how much the bonuses are. And curious if there is a KO bonus too. Lotsa money questions.

Comment

Question, is it a set bracket? Ie, 1 vs 4 or 5 in semis, or do you re-seed, like if the 8 pulls an upset does he fight the highest rated guy left? Or will the highest rated guy left in the semis get to pick his opponent for that rd??

Edit: Just read what pandas said, 1 vs 3 and 2 vs 4 makes no ****ing sense. I really hope that's not what it is, would be the first thing about this tournament I don't like. Without knowing for certain the potential matchups, I'll just do my 1st rd picks.
            Eubank over Abraham by robbery (not a believer in Eubank at 168)

Groves TKO Cox
            Smith TKO Skoglund
            Yildrim MD Eubank
            Brant UD Braehmer

Usyk UD Huck
            Gassiev KO Wlodarczyk
            Briedis KO Perez
            Dorticos KO Kudryashov

CW is all about matchups to me, after the 1st rd at least. Coming in I liked Kudryashov to pull off an upset or 2, but I think he get the worst possible matchup for him. I aslo think Briedis has a very good chance to win it all but Usyk would be tough for him, while I think a couple other guys could give Usyk problems
            Last edited by BigZ44; 07-10-2017, 04:57 PM.

Comment

TS please update me with new brackets

Comment

This tourney has been a massive success so far hasn’t it? Moar please!

Comment

Oh and my prediction for the last fights:

Usyk UD Gassiev

Groves ko9 Eubank

Brähmer UD Smith

Groves tko7 (cuts) Brähmer

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
                    SMW, I'd guess :

Quarterfinals
                    Groves vs Cox
                    Yildirim vs Eubank
                    Smith vs Skoglund
                    Braehmer vs Brant

Semi Finals
                    Groves vs Eubank
                    Smith vs Braehmer

Final
                    Groves vs Smith

CW, I'd guess :

Quarter Finals
                    Usyk vs Huck
                    Briedis vs Perez
                    Gassiev vs Wlodarczyk
                    Dorticos vs Kudryashov

Semi Finals

Usyk vs Briedis
                    Gassiev vs Dorticos

Final
                    Usyk vs Gassiev
                    So, those were my picks. I'm still stumped on Groves/Eubank. I'm thinking Groves will edge it, but it's 50/50.

Same with the CW. I'm 50/50 with that one. Probably leaning slightly towards Usyk though as of now.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                      TS please update me with new brackets
                      Whatcha mean like update the results + current fights in my post?

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                      This tourney has been a massive success so far hasn’t it? Moar please!
                      A-f#cking-gree. From the sounds of it 135 will be one of the divisions they do in the 2018-19 season. If they could just get the top 6 or 7 guys in that division now + Loma &/or Tank (sounds like Loma has designs to move up, but sounds like Tank is trying to get his 130 belt back) that could be like the CW tournament this go around.

Comment

Working...
                      X