Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you use boxing defense techniques in a street fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you use boxing defense techniques in a street fight?

i did boxing but the thing is that when u keep ure hands up its the enormous gloves that shield u against attacks. can u still use ure fists as a shield in street fight or is it better to just forget the art and just go in and fight?

I would more parying and side stepping etc over anything else but you could still use more defensive techniques againest your average man in the street. Most are accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by phook View Post
      i did boxing but the thing is that when u keep ure hands up its the enormous gloves that shield u against attacks. can u still use ure fists as a shield in street fight or is it better to just forget the art and just go in and fight?
      Lol sure you can....why would you think of shielding yourself?.is your last name Clottey?.

You will be on the offensive when you're on streetfight.
      You will have a keen sense when your opponent will punch and will able to duck it.As oppose to them they would not know you will be leading with your left(if your orthodox boxer) and must schmuck that you fight will always expect you to throw your right hand.That is your "element of surprise".Unless your opponent is another boser then it will be who's has more skill and less drunk.

Comment

Originally posted by Geze View Post
        Lol sure you can....why would you think of shielding yourself?.is your last name Clottey?.

You will be on the offensive when you're on streetfight.
        You will have a keen sense when your opponent will punch and will able to duck it.As oppose to them they would not know you will be leading with your left(if your orthodox boxer) and must schmuck that you fight will always expect you to throw your right hand.That is your "element of surprise".Unless your opponent is another boser then it will be who's has more skill and less drunk.
        stfu you ugly ****..i've seen ur picture ..you look like a bittch and you are one..you never been in a fight how the f would u know?

TS Don't listen to this slime bag the only fights on his resume are his net fights.

This guy on this video gives u some ideas about boxing defense and using it in a real life situation.

Comment

Originally posted by DiLLiNGER View Post
          stfu you ugly ****..i've seen ur picture ..you look like a bittch and you are one..you never been in a fight how the f would u know?

TS Don't listen to this slime bag the only fights on his resume are his net fights.

This guy on this video gives u some ideas about boxing defense and using it in a real life situation.

That guys whole technique demands that you would commit to a jab everytime. No boxer is going to throw single lunging jabs like that in a fight.

Comment

sure.... sure .....ethug that you are....with a disabled rep bwahahaha..

Comment

e thug? You ***grot got ako pa ha in your sig..you're 35 or older and proud of being a part of a boxing forum gang WOW AHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAAHHA

Comment

e thug? You ***grot got ako pa ha in your sig..you're 35 or older and proud of being a part of a boxing forum gang WOW AHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAAHHA
                booohooooo....another cry baby.calling others name over their pc.Afraid to show themselves.booohooo.

Dillinger got his knowledge in youtube university.not in real life.
                He's never ever had such encounter .from one on one to 6 on one/three
                And yet he's a real tough guy...like his friends..

TRY me moFo...............

Comment

Boxing skills have certainly helped me in street fights. My natural movement kept me away from the dudes wild left n rights. I was bobbin n weavin more or less everything he threw. Caught him with lovely uppercuts and body shots.

The problem came when he grabbed me. Boxing doesnt really help in this scenario but a knee to the balls did.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrel View Post
                    Boxing skills have certainly helped me in street fights. My natural movement kept me away from the dudes wild left n rights. I was bobbin n weavin more or less everything he threw. Caught him with lovely uppercuts and body shots.

The problem came when he grabbed me. Boxing doesnt really help in this scenario but a knee to the balls did.

Thats the problem when they're able to grab you.But you will still have the presence of mind to keep on pummeling him though.And usually too what is your style of boxing can determine how you will fight them.

Comment

Working...
                    X