#1 IBF Sergiy Dervachenko vs ???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Derevyanchenko can't fight.
    No? He’s just out here trolling then? Payed off the ibf for the ranking and the his opps to take a dive?

Comment

Derevyanchenko vs vanes for the belt...make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
        With Triple G getting stripped of his IBF Golf, Sergiy is now in the drivers seat. But looking at the ranking there is no number 2 ranked fighter. However 3-5 are all ranked as the following:

3 Jermall Charlo (who is WBC #1 ranked)
        4 Daniel Jacobs (who is WBA #1 ranked)
        5 Demetrius Andrade (who is WBO #1 ranked)

So, how does this work. Does Sergiy have to go to 6 ranked Tommy Langford since the other guys are ranked number one in other orgs?
        3 is Jacobs 4 is Charlo. 2 is empty and you know why?
        I'll tell you a secret.

Its for Golovkin

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
          No? He’s just out here trolling then? Payed off the ibf for the ranking and the his opps to take a dive?
          are you his son or something?

hahaha

Comment

Damn who fights on a Monday, lol.
            Yeah that is weird, also Lawrence Okolie fought today on Wednesday so not sure WTF is going on with the Scheduling in the UK right now

Comment

I would like to Andrade get a shot

Comment

Originally posted by Zaryu View Post
                Why is there no number 2 guy? There may be a simple and legit answer, but I don't pay enough attention to governing bodies to understand. I mean, shouldn't the number 3guy be number 2?
                The IBF does not just "appoint" fighters to the #1 or #2 spots. A fighter must face another fighter in the top 10 rankings in an eliminator fight in order to get a #2 or #1 spot.....

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
                  If Oscar is telling the truth than you can pretty much get rid of Jacobs. Charlo will probably hold out to fight GGG instead of Derevyachenko due to $. Which basically leaves Andrade as the clear option.
                  Andrade will claim that he needs a year to prepare for that fight

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                    The IBF does not just "appoint" fighters to the #1 or #2 spots. A fighter must face another fighter in the top 10 rankings in an eliminator fight in order to get a #2 or #1 spot.....
                    Ok, that's fair. I wasn't sure what was up with that, but it makes sense now that you mention it.

Comment

Pretty much

With Triple G getting stripped of his IBF Golf, Sergiy is now in the drivers seat. But looking at the ranking there is no number 2 ranked fighter. However 3-5 are all ranked as the following:

3 Jermall Charlo (who is WBC #1 ranked)
                      4 Daniel Jacobs (who is WBA #1 ranked)
                      5 Demetrius Andrade (who is WBO #1 ranked)

So, how does this work. Does Sergiy have to go to 6 ranked Tommy Langford since the other guys are ranked number one in other orgs?
                      The IBF will contact Jermall Charlo (#3) to see if he's interested in the fight; Charlo will weigh fighting Derevyanchenko for the IBF belt against fighting Golovkin for the WBC belt and decide accordingly. If he passes, they'd go to Jacobs (#4, WBA mandatory, 2nd owed mandatory for Golovkin; currently the talked up choice to fight Canelo in September). If he passes, they'd go to Andrade (#5, WBO mandatory to Billy Joe Saunders).

If he passes, it goes to the next challenger (Tommy Langford, #6, just loss his British title in May, so I'm fairly certain that his rating is set to drop).

Unless the order gets changed drastically, I'm fairly certain that we're going to see Derevyanchenko vs Martin Murray (#7, was to challenge Saunders for the WBO belt) as the fight for the IBF belt, set to co-feature on the next big event that heads to Barclays Center (the Garcia-Porter card, unless it ends up in Philadelphia, being eyed for August/September).

Comment

Working...
                      X