Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you rank the top 10 welterweights currently?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think dropping Bradley down a bit is appropriate due to inactivity and the fact, his next fight date is unknown.

So my new rankings:
    Pac
    Thurman
    Brook
    Tim Bradley
    Porter
    Vargas
    Khan
    Spence Jr.
    Garcia
    Peterson

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      Apart from activity, how can you rank Spence (entirely unproven whose best win is Khans 10th best win) higher than Khan? Or Porter? Or Vargas a former world title holder?

How does thurman get in above Bradley?

1. Pacquiao
      2. Bradley
      3. Brook (Can be switched with Bradley due to the former not having fought since his loss)
      4. Thurman
      5. Garcia (the winner of these 2 could be num 1 I guess :/)
      6. Khan
      7. Porter
      8. Vargas
      9. Spence
      10. Peterson (simply because theres no one else)
      Well, right now I feel in terms of skill alone he's probably in the top 3 but I can't exactly place him in top 3 due to his resume lacking compared to the others. I'm almost positive though he would beat everyone in my top 10 except for maybe Pacquiao & Thurman might be 50/50 but as much as I like Thurman I think Spence might have the edge over him. And Khan hasn't really done anything in the past 5 years outside of beating Alexander & his win over Collazo was pretty good. And honestly Porter is a very good fighter, but his resume isn't exactly great either. Vargas just isn't an elite level fighter. He's decent, but he's only in my top 10 because there's no one else that can realistically take that #10 spot at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
        Because of who Garcia beat at 140. He has the better resume and proven more at the highest level. Porter and Bradley have lost their last fights of course they drop down the order until they beat someone to move them back up. Rankings should be based on resume entirely, this isn't a P4P list.
        You are absolutely right and I am glad someone understands the difference between resume and pound for pound. I gave Spence the number 1 spot as if this was PFP but I shouldn't have done that. Based on the ranking he has earned in the ring I would put Spence at about number 7. I believe he is the best welterweight in the world but he hasn't proven it in the ring yet.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG GUNZ View Post
          Well, right now I feel in terms of skill alone he's probably in the top 3 but I can't exactly place him in top 3 due to his resume lacking compared to the others. I'm almost positive though he would beat everyone in my top 10 except for maybe Pacquiao & Thurman might be 50/50 but as much as I like Thurman I think Spence might have the edge over him. And Khan hasn't really done anything in the past 5 years outside of beating Alexander & his win over Collazo was pretty good. And honestly Porter is a very good fighter, but his resume isn't exactly great either. Vargas just isn't an elite level fighter. He's decent, but he's only in my top 10 because there's no one else that can realistically take that #10 spot at the moment.
          Khans resume only lacks a world title holder at 147 (hence Thurman, Brook and Garcia) over him but other than that, at 147, Khans beaten the second tier fighters that make up resumes for the likes of Thurman and Porter.

In terms of Spence...we shall see. But fighters arent ranked on how well you think they may do some time down the line, they are ranked on what they have accomplished to deserve said ranking.

Comment

Apart from activity, how can you rank Spence (entirely unproven whose best win is Khans 10th best win) higher than Khan? Or Porter? Or Vargas a former world title holder?

1. Pacquiao
            2. Bradley
            3. Brook (Can be switched with Bradley due to the former not having fought since his loss)
            4. Thurman
            6. Khan
            7. Porter
            8. Vargas
            9. Spence
            Good guy SS have it right

Pac and Bradley are top not only by Resume but in potential fights i put them as favorites ,and as another poster said its not if Manny (i add Bradley too it) can hang with young guys but if young guys can hang with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
              Good guy SS have it right

Pac and Bradley are top not only by Resume but in potential fights i put them as favorites ,and as another poster said its not if Manny (i add Bradley too it) can hang with young guys but if young guys can hang with him.
              Spot on.

I havent really seen anything from Thurman or Garcia to show they oculd beat Pac, even though Pac is well pas this best. He looked pretty slow and robotic last time but was still good enough to win every round against Vargas.

Comment

1.Thurman
                2.Garcia
                3.Pac
                4.Brook
                5. Bradley
                6.Vargas
                7.Porter
                8.Spence
                9.Berto
                10.Khan

Comment

1. Pacquiao
                  2. Bradley
                  4. Thurman
                  6. Khan
                  7. Porter
                  8. Vargas
                  9. Spence
                  Good list.

Comment

It's laughable to see amir khan's name at the top 10. Lucas mathysse ktfo.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                      1.Thurman
                      2.Garcia
                      3.Pac
                      4.Brook
                      5. Bradley
                      6.Vargas
                      7.Porter
                      8.Spence
                      9.Berto
                      10.Khan