Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hearn speaks of PBC deals, announcing the signing of "top 5 p4p" fighter tomorrow

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exciting times for hearn and DAZN. believe me once the first couple move over and get success then everyone will want a piece of the pie

Comment

Usyk or Garcia are the only consensus top5 p4p guys with no official affiliation.

Sucks because I wasn't going to get DAZN but both guys are incredible talents to watch.

Comment

If its Pacquiao its significant. If its anyone else regardless if they are great like Usyk or Inoue I don't see how it moves the needle. Nobody, but hardcores are paying to see them in the US

Comment

Originally posted by BIG GUNZ View Post
          Schaefer is right that no more than 10,000 people in the U.S. will sign up for this DAZN app to watch boxing. I just can’t see this doing well in the states at all.
          DAZN is a forward thinking enterprise. a few years ago people wouldnt have predicted the success of netflix and amazon prime, now they are making other traditional channels redundant. when exciting sporting events are shown on there then people will pay and a few quid a month wont seem like much

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
            If its Pacquiao its significant. If its anyone else regardless if they are great like Usyk or Inoue I don't see how it moves the needle. Nobody, but hardcores are paying to see them in the US
            Hes said another 3 P4P fighters possibly in the next few weeks, take that with a pinch of salt for now though. This one sounds concrete.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
              DAZN is a forward thinking enterprise. a few years ago people wouldnt have predicted the success of netflix and amazon prime, now they are making other traditional channels redundant. when exciting sporting events are shown on there then people will pay and a few quid a month wont seem like much
              You sure? The guys on DAZN are not names US fans know. If AJ loses to Wilder, that will probably make it even less likely people will buy it.

Comment

As everyone has said, all signs point to Usyk. There's a Bellew fight around the corner, a potential fight with Joshua, Loeffler and K2 have a good relationship with Eddie.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG GUNZ View Post
                  Schaefer is right that no more than 10,000 people in the U.S. will sign up for this DAZN app to watch boxing. I just can’t see this doing well in the states at all.
                  It isn't just a boxing app though, they have Bellator now too and will look to get the rights to more sports.

They have some serious investment behind them. There's no loyalty in these kind of industries. If they can outbid other networks when broadcasting rights of other sports are up for grabs, they would get them. It isn't out of the question.

It'll take time, but DAZN could end up being a success. I remember people saying that nobody will subscribe to Netflix, Spotify etc..but they did because they got enough content to justify it.

I wouldn't write them off. The people behind DAZN are very experienced in that industry, they're not amateurs, they know they need to secure good content and seem to have the money to do so.

I'm not a Hearn fan by the way, i'm talking about DAZN as a whole. Viewing Music, TV shows and Movies is all pretty much always done on streaming services, so you would have to assume that sports will go the same way at some point, especially with younger generations of sports fans. DAZN might fill that gap, but it'll take time.

Comment

PBC is getting less than DAZN Matchroom, Schaefer has a 1 fight deal with mikey, and big signing happening tomorrow someone hearn believes is a top 5.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
                      Mikey Garcia could be it
                      Lol you actually think Mikey would be that dumb

Comment

Working...
                      X