Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brendan Schaub rips into ‘obvious’ USADA for testing Jon Jones just once in 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brendan Schaub rips into ‘obvious’ USADA for testing Jon Jones just once in 2018

One of the biggest storylines currently waiting to be resolved is the USADA suspension of Jon Jones. Jones failed an in-competition drug test for his UFC 214 rematch with Daniel Cormier and was provisionally suspended pending an investigation. But recently, Jones and his team have been making statements that suggest a resolution may be fast approaching, including announcing that he never left the USADA testing pool during the whole ordeal - meaning he would be eligible to return to fighting as soon as his suspension is resolved. But though Jones never left the USADA testing pool, apparently it didn’t matter too much anyways. The USADA Athlete Test History Database reveals that Jones has only been tested once in 2018, and that doesn’t sit right with some in the MMA community.

Brendan Schaub, who has been vocal in his disdain for some of USADA’s work, recently took to his Below the Belt podcast to lambaste the organization for their handling of Jones’ situation, saying that USADA is more concerned with giving the appearance being useful rather than actually being effective.

“Again, I tell you guys this all the time, if you think USADA’s organization is the end-all-be-all and is the goody two-shoes of the world when it comes to drug testing, you’re fooling yourself,” Schaub declared. “A man who has been notoriously known for failing drug tests gets tested once?!

“I’ve always been skeptical of USADA. Always.

“Of course [Daniel Cormier]’s gonna pass the tests. Of course they have to test the athletes, of course they have to test certain guys, but does no one find it kind of sketchy that the guy who we know 100 percent is going to pass the test, gets tested more than the guy who is known for failing tests?! And I’m not even a conspiracy theory guy. But does no one think this is f**king strange? How crazy is that?

“Or how Holly Holm is tested all the time. They have to check boxes. We know for a fact, DC and Holly Holm are never gonna fail a test. So if you test them relentlessly, we can go on your site and go, ‘ F**k, look, they’re doing their job.’ But when you look at people who are skeptical, and they’re not getting tested, do you not think anything’s up here?”

in 2018, Cormier has been tested 11 times and Holm, who shares a camp with Jones, has been tested five times. Even Brock Lesnar, who only re-entered the USADA testing pool this summer has been tested three times this year. For Schaub, this is all a little too convenient.

“I really don’t give a s**t,” Schaub continued. “I really don’t. It’s just a little obvious. Be less obvious USADA. If you’re gonna be in on the gig - wink wink - at least make it a little less obvious. At least test Jon four times. Can you do that over a year period? Can you go there four times? You’re testing anyways in Albuquerque, can you test the man? Is that too much to ask for?”

But at the end of the day, Schaub doesn’t actually have an issue with USADA barely testing Jones because he doesn’t care and just wants to see Jones back in the cage, regardless how it happens.

“Again, I don’t want you guys to catch Jon or DC or anyone doing anything,” Schaub concluded. “Don’t ruin my sport. You already f**ked it up enough. Just don’t test him. Or post fake testing. Just say you tested Jon, I don’t give a f**k. But don’t say you tested him once out of the year and you test DC 11 [times] and tell us you’re doing your job.”

As a repeat offender, Jones faces up to a four-year suspension for this most recent failed drug test.

So he wants them testing a guy who isn't even competing more and test those who are competing less?

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
      So he wants them testing a guy who isn't even competing more and test those who are competing less?
      The logic of Schwab.. LOL

Comment

Working...
      X