No announcement yet.

garcia v porter- most overrated fighter v most underrated fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• garcia v porter- most overrated fighter v most underrated fighter

To me garcia has never been a fighter ive been that impressed by. Even though he'd looked like trash in multiple fights all i ever heard about garcia in the build up to the thurman fight was 'he finds a way to win'. even though hes had multiple close fights (?gifts) against mediocre fighters which suggests hes not much better than them he 'finds a way to win'.

well guess what, when he came up against a top welterweight he didnt find a way to win. He lost. And thats because hes not good enough. And still people are overrating him, telling me how good his resume is, how hes a level above porter. Is he really? Based on what exactly? Whats actually so good about him? Cause he beat another overrated fighter in mattysse (just like alexander, the ghost of judah, postol, 50 year old senator pacquiao)? Can say them first two were close but u shouldnt be struggling against judah at that stage if you are any good.

He certainly doesnt look great to me on the infamous 'eye test' either.

And I dont get how opinion on porter has changed so much in recent years. Yeah his 0 has gone but he gave thurman and brook hell. There were many who scored both fights to porter. Surely that shows this is a world class welterweight who can compete at the highest level. Hes a top fighter who can be a major player in this division with a few tweaks. ****ing fine margins in this sport, if he won a round more against thurman he'd be the one people would be touting for crawford/spence fights. Dont understand how their fight can be so close and debated yet its as if they are on different levels cause thurman has an 0 and porter doesnt.

And to me hes one of the most entertaining guys in the sport, dont understand the hate for his style, that last fight with thurman was a barnstormer and he comes to fight every time.

Now ive said all that garcia will probably ko him in 2 rounds lol, but thats how i see things.

Garcia unified 140 and moved up and tested himself...HOW do you think GGG would do if he moved up to 168?

Comment

You love to slam fighters who move out of their comfort zone but give excuses for others fighters who fit your agenda to do far less

Comment

How is DSG overrated if anything its the opposite unless u only referring to him @ 147.

Comment

Couldn't agree more, people don't like Porter because he has an ugly style, but Garcia is very limited and that "finds a way to win" line is ******ed. Porter was able to push Thurman, gave him a really tough fight, while Garcia didn't have any answers, only excuses. His power at 147 is also not that great.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
            You love to slam fighters who move out of their comfort zone but give excuses for others fighters who fit your agenda to do far less
            out of his comfort zone ffs, he moved up one whole division which is what basically every junior welterweight should do considering the glamour division is a few pounds above. that division has always been trash because of that.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
              Garcia unified 140 and moved up and tested himself...HOW do you think GGG would do if he moved up to 168?
              one comment in and golovkins mentioned already. you guys are obsessed, surely he'll be irrelevant soon anyway when canelo 'lights him up like a christmas tree' again?

Comment

Originally posted by The Madison View Post
                out of his comfort zone ffs, he moved up one whole division which is what basically every junior welterweight should do considering the glamour division is a few pounds above. that division has always been trash because of that.
                Hell GGG moved up 0 divisions and looks like Garcia when his comp went up,yet you still suck him off

Comment

I agree with with you about Porter. People really underrate him because they don't like his style and I think its an example of personal biases getting in the way of an honest assessment of a fighter's talents. Danny Garcia on the other hand does have some good names on his resume but aside from Khan most of them were either past their primes ( like Judah and Morales) or never that good in the first place (Matthysse, Peterson). And the Herrera fight was a clear robbery no question about it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Madison View Post
                    one comment in and golovkins mentioned already. you guys are obsessed, surely he'll be irrelevant soon anyway when canelo 'lights him up like a christmas tree' again?
                    Because you slam fighters who have done more then GGG yet you worship him..strange

Comment

Working...
                    X