Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather: $25,000 Fee To Join Our Gym Franchise! Target Is 500 Gyms Globally!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lmfao, I think its gonna fail cause this isnt how boxing is done. Its always been local real gyms creating figthers etc. Not the planet fitness of boxing gyms lol.

but good luck, might be the crossfit of boxing.

If hes smart he can start his own little league for 18-22 year olds like a league and those who win this tournament win a Mayweather Promotions deal worth $1 Million. Can turn it into like a contender serious just more legit. Alot of majoy plays can be done if they were smart.

Comment

Originally posted by Fanofreason View Post
      25k and 6% is very fair
      Yes, but then dropping the 70k-200k to build it part seems like a huge risk.

I'm out after really thinking it through.

Comment

Not sure if that's a wise investment for Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
          http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...-gyms-us-world

Floyd Mayweather has never been shy about branching out into various businesses. His next venture? Franchising gyms.

The boxer, who finished his professional career at 50-0 with a knockout of Conor McGregor last August, announced this week how much he would charge for those interested in using his name and to license his training program, including the use of a virtual reality Mayweather training system.

"We hope to have 250 gyms in the U.S. and 250 gyms internationally in the next three to five years," Mayweather said from the flagship gym in Los Angeles that opened in late January.

The cost to build out the gyms are projected to be $70,000 for an existing gym structure and $200,000 from the ground up. New owners are also required to pay a one-time $25,000 franchise fee and to pay 6 percent of income in a royalty fee back to Mayweather.

The classes include boxing, speed and agility work, and virtual reality with Mayweather.

"This comes from me wanting to give back," Mayweather said. "I want to see people look good, and I've seen so many people go to gyms and not be happy with what they are doing."

Boxing fitness gyms have been on the rise lately, most notably Rumble, which has three establishments in New York City. Earlier this year, Rumble received an investment from gym franchise Equinox that valued the brand at $80 million.

"I always wanted to try this," Mayweather said. "I know this. You can't be successful at something if you don't try."
          12.5m upfront !

Plus 6% royalty.

Damn! Money May

Comment

Even if this venture fails, Floyd would not be out much money. All he is doing is lending out his name and collecting franchise fees. It is not like he is building the gyms himself.

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
              Lol this stupid fool will be broke again with all his failed business attempts
              Mayweather has a current net worth of 560 million dollars. He didn't get all that money by being stupid or poor at business.

Comment

I could see a couple of these working in Hollywood or London type area for wealthy exclusive guests, but 500 of those is too ambitious.

Comment

Originally posted by KayDub View Post
                  The guy is right. Floyd should have put most his money into a basic index fund or something. He tries to start all these business ventures and they all fail. He's not a businessman.

I hope these are all just vanity projects and Floyd has his money locked up with actual decent investments; bonds, index funds, mutual funds, and stocks. Not ****ty startups trying to milk Floyd with false promises.
                  Yes, he probably should have put most of his money stuff like that. Has any boxer who earned many millions like him ever done that? Maybe Bradley or Ward did. In general super rich boxers don't do that. Holyfield made more money than anyone and is only worth 500 thousand which is far from broke but nothing like what he should have. George Foreman is super rich due partly to his grill invention. I get curious about how these great old champs are doing today and it only takes a minute to find out.

Comment

We have a crossfit style boxing gym here called level red boxing.

Its packed from open to close.

People are obsessed with it. I think this will do well actually. Costs are affordable.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                      You could open up a basic boxing gym with a few grand (ring is the most expensive part and you could get insurance through USA Boxing, ect.) and some help/donations then build it up as you go. It wouldn't have the Mayweather brand attached to it of course but that could be hit or miss with people lol. Just depends how these gyms look and what they offer. Opening up a "real boxing gym" is pretty much throwing money down the drain if you're doing it for the purpose of actually training kids and building up amateurs. To make money you really have to go the boxercise route unfortunately.

This is spot on.

Comment

Working...
                      X