No announcement yet.

3M security film vs Bullet Proof Window

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3M security film vs Bullet Proof Window

For houses.. it’s roughly $30K for a proper bullet proof window w/labor and 3K for security films..

Which do you prefer and why? Any of you have security films on windows?

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
    For houses.. it’s roughly $30K for a proper bullet proof window w/labor and 3K for security films..

If you need bullet proof windows for your house, you have some big problems......

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post

Market research ther bro

Comment

Move neighbourhoods?

Comment

I've installed windows that were tempered glass with the security film over that in rough neighborhoods. The film is hard to clean like regular glass and will probably look hazy over time, but it is tough. Never dealt with the big thick bullet proof stuff. Thickest lexan we ever had at the shop was 12 mm, lexan scratches really easy but crazy tough.

Comment

Originally posted by SkiPete View Post
            Move neighbourhoods?
            South Diamond Bar is all quiet and peace. There is nothing going on here which is why I love it.

South Diamond Bar and Chino Hills are two of the cleanest, safest areas around LA.

Comment

Originally posted by TripleJ View Post
              I've installed windows that were tempered glass with the security film over that in rough neighborhoods. The film is hard to clean like regular glass and will probably look hazy over time, but it is tough. Never dealt with the big thick bullet proof stuff. Thickest lexan we ever had at the shop was 12 mm, lexan scratches really easy but crazy tough.
              Are you in LA? I didnt even think about the hazy part but good mention. I will note that. It just requires more time to clean , that’s all?

How sturdy is the 12 mill?

Comment

In Canada. Over time the film will degrade. It'll never look as clean as glass. It's kind of soft so if someone took sandpaper or a rough cleaner to it it would scuff up. Same with Lexan, clean gently with microfiber. We installed lexan at a synagogue one time because their windows kept getting smashed but when they couldn't break them they started spray painting them. To clean the paint off the got scuffed up really bad. Not sure what kind of bullet 12 mm will stop, but it'll stop any brick or the like.

Comment

Originally posted by TripleJ View Post
                  In Canada. Over time the film will degrade. It'll never look as clean as glass. It's kind of soft so if someone took sandpaper or a rough cleaner to it it would scuff up. Same with Lexan, clean gently with microfiber. We installed lexan at a synagogue one time because their windows kept getting smashed but when they couldn't break them they started spray painting them. To clean the paint off the got scuffed up really bad. Not sure what kind of bullet 12 mm will stop, but it'll stop any brick or the like.
                  This guy knows his stuff!

Comment

Im swinging towards a full bullet proof glass. Just the big, main windows and entry door will be bulletproof but all others I will just use film. Mix them up like that.

Comment

Working...
                    X