Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mike Tyson: Fury Getting Up Was Like Rocky, Made Me a Fan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mike Tyson: Fury Getting Up Was Like Rocky, Made Me a Fan

Hall of Famer and former heavyweight champion Mike Tyson is a huge fan of Tyson Fury. Fury's father named him after the heavyweight great, Tyson. Fury will challenge WBC heavyweight world champion Deontay Wilder this coming Saturday night at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hard not to be a fan of a fighter like Fury. He can do everything. The ring IQ of a wizard, boxing's Achilles, Sweet Pea in Goliaths body, boxing's Goku. The HW Locche.

Plus Fury is named after Tyson, he will always have a soft spot for him on that alone.

Comment

As the champ says. How many fights thru his career did Fury win that surprised you? I won’t doubt the man’s heart and skill again. Fury by close decision over Wilder in rematch

Comment

Mike Tyson said that he is biased so i believe down in his heart he thinks Wilder wins by knockout. Typical Mike, never admits what his heart says. IMO.

Comment

What I can’t understand is that with the 2 knockdowns that Wilder had against Fury, one could argue both made those rounds, 10-8 for Wilder on the scorecards, you could “arguably” make a case. And if you argued that case, both of those 10-8 rounds would be the equivalent of 4 rounds total in favor of Wilder.

So my question is, if those 2 knockdown rounds were the equivalent of 4 rounds for Wilder, there weren’t 2 more rounds he won in the entire fight to make it a draw. I’m just trying to look at it objectively. If people believe Tyson won 8 rounds, I will accept that. Because your basically saying Wilder didn’t win 2 other rounds in the fight outside of the rounds he scored knockdowns.

Comment

Originally posted by markther View Post
            What I can’t understand is that with the 2 knockdowns that Wilder had against Fury, one could argue both made those rounds, 10-8 for Wilder on the scorecards, you could “arguably” make a case. And if you argued that case, both of those 10-8 rounds would be the equivalent of 4 rounds total in favor of Wilder.

So my question is, if those 2 knockdown rounds were the equivalent of 4 rounds for Wilder, there weren’t 2 more rounds he won in the entire fight to make it a draw. I’m just trying to look at it objectively. If people believe Tyson won 8 rounds, I will accept that. Because your basically saying Wilder didn’t win 2 other rounds in the fight outside of the rounds he scored knockdowns.
            If Tyson Fury won 8 rounds, lost 2 rounds 10-9 and also has the two rounds he was knocked down and lost scored 10-8 he ends up with 114 points. (80+18+16)

If Deontay Wilder wins four rounds, including the two knock down rounds he scores 112 (40+72) and loses the fight 114-112.

Comment

Originally posted by markther View Post

IMO, Fury won the 2 rounds he was knocked down in. So that would make them 1 points rounds for Wilder. Haven't looked back at the scorecards, just noting how I saw the 2 knockdown rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingFJ View Post
                Mike Tyson said that he is biased so i believe down in his heart he thinks Wilder wins by knockout. Typical Mike, never admits what his heart says. IMO.
                Yup! And u notice the distinction when he says.. The first fight.. I was rooting for Fury! Lol. What about this fight?.. Lol. Fury is going to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                  Hard not to be a fan of a fighter like Fury. He can do everything. The ring IQ of a wizard, boxing's Achilles, Sweet Pea in Goliaths body, boxing's Goku. The HW Locche.

Plus Fury is named after Tyson, he will always have a soft spot for him on that alone.
                  agreed !

Comment

I respected him for getting up 2x.

Will respect him even more if he keeps his ''going for the KO2'' word.

Comment

Working...
                    X