No announcement yet.

Are you for or against Labor Unions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
    I agree 100%. Had a Union meeting yesterday at work. This administration signed off on a bunch of Executive orders taking away $ and other benefits from Federal workers. Only about 10% of my building showed up like no 1 cared that their money, benefits, and incentives are being fought for in court by the Union.
    They'll care when it's to late. Gotta find somewhere to cut to pay for those tax cuts for the 1%. And I bet a lot of your co-workers voted for this administration?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      They'll care when it's to late. Gotta find somewhere to cut to pay for those tax cuts for the 1%. And I bet a lot of your co-workers voted for this administration?
      If I had to guess Id say 70% did although some lie to kick it. They don't realize when this Administration talks about draining the swamp, they mean us Fed workers. Union support is all we got right now.

Comment

For unions. I was a member most of my working life. The best thing about them is they generally force companies to have an effective health and safety program.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          I am pro union because I am pro worker and anti management.

I really don't understand why so many people don't like unions or have been duped into believing they are not good for the individual employee.
          You’re anti-anything of authority....

Unions are good and bad. They can help a worker sometimes, but can also screw them. They’re corrupt and the companies have them in their pockets.

Typically people who are heavy in a union are the laziest workers out of the group. Anyone who is anti-management plays the victim card a lot, complains, and wants to do the bear minimum work allowed.

Comment

I'm against them because they negatively affect them thar job creators!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
              You’re anti-anything of authority....

Unions are good and bad. They can help a worker sometimes, but can also screw them. They’re corrupt and the companies have them in their pockets.

Typically people who are heavy in a union are the laziest workers out of the group. Anyone who is anti-management plays the victim card a lot, complains, and wants to do the bear minimum work allowed.
              Yes, I often am. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. You live in a country established by people that were anti authority.

Unions have been weakened to the point where I can understand why no one wants to be in a union now. When unions were at their strongest men and women could actually earn enough to support a family and have their kids do better than they did. Since union membership has been attacked, it's become more and more difficult for this to be achieved.

Ronald Reagan Called Union Membership One Of The Most Elemental Human Rights and served six terms as president of the screen actors guild, an organized labor group.

Your response shows the danger of allowing young adults that are not professionals that live at home with their parents to comment on adult topics.

Comment

Your response shows the danger of allowing young adults that are not professionals that live at home with their parents to comment on adult topics.
                You're a complainer. A Victim. You fail at something and point your finger. You'll always be 'less-than' with that mentality. It's too late for you. Like I've said to you countless times, I hope to god you don't have children.

Comment

You're a complainer. A Victim. You fail at something and point your finger. You'll always be 'less-than' with that mentality. It's too late for you. Like I've said to you countless times, I hope to god you don't have children.
                  I don't fail at much so I don't have to point the finger.

Yes I do have kids and I can assure you I will raise them better than your parents did you.

they will not be your age, still living at home, eating food my wife and I cook, and getting their wash done by us.

As for unions, once you become a professional, if you ever do, you might see the value in having a body that enables workers to negotiate for higher wages and benefits and improve conditions in the workplace.

As I pointed out before America was thriving when union membership was at its highest.
                  Last edited by The Big Dunn; 07-18-2018, 02:48 PM.

Comment

I don't fail at much so I don't have to point the finger.

Yes I do have kids and I can assure you I will raise them better than your parents did you.

they will not be your age, still living at home, eating food my wife and I cook, and getting their wash done by us.

As for unions, once you become a professional, if you ever do, you might see the value in having a body that enables workers to negotiate for higher wages and benefits and improve conditions in the workplace.

As I pointed out before America was thriving when union membership was at its highest.
                    I have a family. I'm a champion... You're not. You're middle class and never will grow more than that. You're lazy. You're also racist. You look to the past, not the future and you're fat and out of shape. You're a wanna-be. Anything else I missed?

I've dealt with unions before. And I've had to coach them on how to handle an arbitration because they were incompetent.

Comment

I have a family. I'm a champion... You're not. You're middle class and never will grow more than that. You're lazy. You're also racist. You look to the past, not the future and you're fat and out of shape. You're a wanna-be. Anything else I missed?

I've dealt with unions before. And I've had to coach them on how to handle an arbitration because they were incompetent.
                      Yes you have a mom and a dad and siblings. You claim to be a champion but never have told anyone exactly what you are a champion of. when asked.

Son, I haven't been middle class in along time. I'm doing well and so is my wife. I can still afford to live 17 minutes west of NYC in style.

Lazy, no. Fat and out of shape-yes. Racist-well according to the white nationalists and Manny fans I am. But we know both these groups are not comprised of the smartest posters.

As I posted, unions nowadays have been attacked and watered down so many are ineffective. Added to that, the media and information blitz has made many Americans question if they need union representation. Those same people then wonder why salaries and benefits are not what they once were.

If you don't like unions, fine with me. When you live in your parents basement you don't need representation you need a kick in the ass.

Comment

Working...
                      X