Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's better: Spence or Manny Pacquiao in his Prime?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manny is a ATG...Spence has a lot more to prove

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
      Are you forgetting Brook moving up to middleweight and weighing in 13lbs heavier whilst still looking cut?

You don't think he had to lose muscle mass?
      no im not forgetting at all, and im also not forgetting that kell walks around in the high 170s low 180s. the fact of the matter is that he didnt have to cut as much weight when he fought ggg. u cant use weight as an excuse when he fought spence the same way no one mentions his weight when he beat porter.

if u wanna say he was battered after fighting ggg thats one thing even tho its just another bs excuse, but to mention anything about weight is just totally bogus. brook in my opinion was the best ww at the time he fought spence he was undefeated in that wt class and a very impressive win for spence not only beating the best ww in the world, but koing him in his own backyard in front of 30k of brooks fans.

that same brook that night beats garcia, thurman, and porter again... thats my opinion and im sticking firm to it

Comment

Originally posted by suffolkbull3 View Post
        no im not forgetting at all, and im also not forgetting that kell walks around in the high 170s low 180s. the fact of the matter is that he didnt have to cut as much weight when he fought ggg. u cant use weight as an excuse when he fought spence the same way no one mentions his weight when he beat porter.

if u wanna say he was battered after fighting ggg thats one thing even tho its just another bs excuse, but to mention anything about weight is just totally bogus. brook in my opinion was the best ww at the time he fought spence he was undefeated in that wt class and a very impressive win for spence not only beating the best ww in the world, but koing him in his own backyard in front of 30k of brooks fans.

that same brook that night beats garcia, thurman, and porter again... thats my opinion and im sticking firm to it

Still ignoring that muscle mass are you?

Let me know when you acknowledge.

Comment

Do we even know if Spence has reached his prime? We definitely don't know if he can win his biggest fights cuz I believe he gots more big fights in front of him still than behind him already.

Comment

It's hard to say. Spence has never fought a boxer who has Manny's movement, speed, chin, and stamina. Spence would have a huge size advantage but styles make fights. A more interesting match up would be Duran vs Spence

Comment

Originally posted by PrBoxing88 View Post
              still a prime Cotto would of beat Spence too, let alone Pac beating Spence, dude got no special effects at all.
              I'm sorry but Cotto is not beating Thurman, Brook, Spence, Porter, or Crawford. Cotto lost to fighters he should've beat and who were lesser than the ones mentioned above

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
                Boxers from the past always beat boxers of today - this is an indisputable fact.

Boxers from years gone by were better in every way and if you disagree then YDKSAB.
                these two are too close i think for the historical hipsters to show much bias

people are setting themselves up for disappointment with spence though. peterson, brook, algieri wouldn't exactly be considered murderer's row by pacquaio standards. spence's best wins would be (and one was) considered warmups.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                  Still ignoring that muscle mass are you?

Let me know when you acknowledge.
                  muscle mass has nothing to do with anything.. ur acting as if this was brooks first fight at a lower wt class. he was the ww chmp of the world. making that weight was nothing new to him. he basically fought his entire career at ww. like i said its nothing against you, i just feel its a bs excuse for when people try to discredit spence win over him.

Comment

This thread...XD

2008 Manny wasn't good so I don't know what the comparison is. He beat weight-drained DLH after DLH got orbital bone broken by Steve Forbes (35-14 with 11 KO wins) and then he beat Ricky Hatton who was hurt/stunned in every fight after the Floyd fight...not seeing what so many people liked about "2008 Manny".

Similarly what has Errol Spence done that is impressive? Stopped planted punching bag LP in 7? Stopping a kickboxer? Beating a WW who moved up to MW (putting on 13lb muscle) whose orbital bone was just broken and moved down 13lbs (see RJJ) before tiring late and quitting due to injury of other eye?

What are we even talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by suffolkbull3 View Post
                      muscle mass has nothing to do with anything.. ur acting as if this was brooks first fight at a lower wt class. he was the ww chmp of the world. making that weight was nothing new to him. he basically fought his entire career at ww. like i said its nothing against you, i just feel its a bs excuse for when people try to discredit spence win over him.
                      You have never boxed before. And it shows

Comment

Working...
                      X