Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how exactly are you supposed to find out what you're meant to do as a career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how exactly are you supposed to find out what you're meant to do as a career?

How did you find your dream career? How did you know it would suit you?

Honestly, this is the kind of thinking of many jobless people. They seem to think a job is a hobby that they need to like it or happy doing it. In reality, almost all job sucks. Nobody wants to work 8 hours or more in the office or outside. It's hard, stressful, and many times filled with difficult people to work with. Suck it up. You work to pay your bills.

What's the best career for you? There is only one, the one that pays your bills.

After work, get a hobby, buy a big house, booze and whore or whatever makes you happy.

Comment

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
      Honestly, this is the kind of thinking of many jobless people. They seem to think a job is a hobby that they need to like it or happy doing it. In reality, almost all job sucks. Nobody wants to work 8 hours or more in the office or outside. It's hard, stressful, and many times filled with difficult people to work with. Suck it up. You work to pay your bills.

What's the best career for you? There is only one, the one that pays your bills.

After work, get a hobby, buy a big house, booze and whore or whatever makes you happy.
      So you hate being an engineer?

I find it odd how you're always bragging about being an engineer, but in other posts you mention that you work in an office pretty much all day. The engineers I know are always out and about on different jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaolin Sword View Post
        So you hate being an engineer?

I find it odd how you're always bragging about being an engineer, but in other posts you mention that you work in an office pretty much all day. The engineers I know are always out and about on different jobs.
        First off, you don't know **** about engineers if you think they are all in the field all the time. Most are just in the office all the time like me.

I don't hate being an engineer. You don't seem to understand what I just said. I can be a nurse, accountant, engineer, and will be equally "happy" as long as they all pay the same

Comment

I don't see that there is any rule that you have to stick to anything.

A dream career now can be a nightmare later. Some people never find their dream and that's cool, it's ultimately just a job.

You change, people change, the world changes. I think you just experiment and roll with what feels good until it pays for you or you can figure something out that has value or is rewarding to you.

It isn't so much about the money for me. I always know I can make it no matter what so don't be blinded by $ signs and experiment to figure out what you really like. It can be uncomfortable and challenging at times but you have to keep trying different things to find the sweet spot.
          Last edited by jreckoning; 08-08-2017, 03:25 PM.

Comment

You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.

Bruce Lee.

Become a waterboy like Adam Sandler.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Didymus View Post
              You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.

Bruce Lee.

Become a waterboy like Adam Sandler.
              Cum does the same ****.....become cum

Comment

I'm going to side a bit with Butler here. For most people, I don't think there's a realistic dream job out there they should wait for. I think most people should change their focus from following their passion as a career, unless they're already there (Congrats to them), to being passionate about whatever they decide to do.

I remember growing up I couldn't pin down what I was passionate about in terms of a career, I knew I liked helping people, and that kind of took me to the career path I'm currently at. Sometimes I feel like I have one of the best jobs in the US, and other times I feel like I'm ready to move on and try something else. Overall though, I'm very happy with what I do for a living.

Comment

You start by throwing away the idea that you were meant to do a specific thing. You were meant to be born and meant to die. In between it's what you make of it.

Comment

A lot of times it has to do with what's always interested you even from childhood. Working just for good pay may be alright for awhile but you'll eventually burn out and won't be at your best

And sometimes you just got to get that degree, no matter what including watching what you say , volunteering , keeping grades up, publishing something, etc..
                    Last edited by maracho; 08-08-2017, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X