Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So is HBO Boxing pretty much close to being done?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    Why wouldn't Daniel Jacobs simply return to Showtime after the HBO deal is up?

Haymon moves the way he moves, but I doubt that he'd advise Jacobs to take a deal with a promoter for longer than the TV dates on offer.
    Danny Jacobs is no longer with Al Haymon.

Comment

Originally posted by omh View Post
      According to to Oscar hbo will come back as soon as the at&t time Warner merger that just got gov approval to be completed
      No-one subscribes to HBO for Boxing, it's a very small number. And Time Warner/A&T will look closely over HBO's Investments, Boxing is not a Subscription Driver- so it will be cut off. That's logical buisness and economic sense

Also there really aren't many big mainstream fighters apart from Canelo and Joshua.

Comment

I hope not. They always had the best lighting.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
          Why wouldn't Daniel Jacobs simply return to Showtime after the HBO deal is up?
          Could happen. But Hearn would have a lot of egg on his face. I think he'd spend more to get Jacobs on DAZN than Jacobs would be worth to Showtime.

Comment

Originally posted by Manlikefemi View Post

No-one subscribes to HBO for Boxing, it's a very small number. And Time Warner/A&T will look closely over HBO's Investments, Boxing is not a Subscription Driver- so it will be cut off. That's logical buisness and economic sense

Also there really aren't many big mainstream fighters apart from Canelo and Joshua.
            I've had hbo for over a decade just for boxing.

thats the only reason, I've seen all the movies that hbo shows way before they even reach hbo. so hbo is strictly boxing for me.

but im canceling my subscription at the end of the yr.

muniga, machado, berchelt, rungvisai aint good enough

im used to

pac vs barrera
            hopkins vs calzaghe
            wright vs taylor
            ward vs dawson
            mosley vs margarito
            Williams vs martinez
            lewis vs klitschko
            Cotto vs clottey

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
              I've had hbo for over a decade just for boxing.

thats the only reason, I've seen all the movies that hbo shows way before they even reach hbo. so hbo is strictly boxing for me.

but im canceling my subscription at the end of the yr.

muniga, machado, berchelt, rungvisai aint good enough

im used to

pac vs barrera
              hopkins vs calzaghe
              wright vs taylor
              ward vs dawson
              mosley vs margarito
              Williams vs martinez
              lewis vs klitschko
              Cotto vs clottey
              Your in the small minorty. HBO has knowledge of it's customers and viewers trust me they know Boxing is not a big deal for it's buisness. Once the Canelo PPV Days are gone, they will be gone Permanetly and immediately

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
                Danny Jacobs is no longer with Al Haymon.
                Jacobs didn't negotiate the HBO deal on his own, and Jacobs didn't negotiate the Matchroom Sport deal on his own either (timing is what it is).

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                  Could happen. But Hearn would have a lot of egg on his face. I think he'd spend more to get Jacobs on DAZN than Jacobs would be worth to Showtime.
                  I guess that could happen

Comment

DAZN will also add a mega event of pacquaio vs khan at wembley stadium ...boxing is fading on the 2 big players in the states and DAZN is in the right place to take over now.

Comment

I also see that PBC are failing big time now and there are hardly any fights taking place now.....the end of PBC maybe

Comment

Working...
                      X