Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Money Talks Without a Doubt But What If You Already Have Money?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money Talks Without a Doubt But What If You Already Have Money?

Most posters feel that the GGG-Canelo rematch will go down regardless of PEDs and what not because there's just too much money. This argument is a very valid one, but GGG is already a millionaire. No?

I think we'd have to take into account the fact that a loss to a PED'd Canelo would still be a loss and a loss typically lowers a fighter's stock, unless they were nobody before. And then all the talk will ensure but in the end, it's an L and we know how detrimental L's are these days. GGG's time is running out of course. Would he rather take a few more million dollar paydays which they would be, against a number of opponents now. Sure, Canelo brings the mega-payday but is the L worth it? This is not to say Canelo would win even if he was allowed to cheat of course. It doesn't always work that way. But I must say, that this definitely keeps boxing corrupt. When guys don't make weight or are caught cheating, if most fighters pulled out of these fights, it seems that a lot of this would either stop or certain guys would just be like if you fight me, you know what you're going into and only certain guys would fight them-most likely those who need the money.

In closing, GGG is already a millionaire and while I know you can never have enough money in this life, maybe he's at a point where he can think about it at least. He doesn't seem like a guy who parties or blows his money on stupid ****. Maybe it's not the end all that some people claim. Or maybe it is. Thoughts?

you can never have enough more.

The more money you have the more bills you have, just how it is.

Comment

I'm pretty sure this fight will go down. There are no fights that can bring in more than a possible Canelo trilogy which will not only happen if he loses but will make a third fight even more polarizing. 2 more Canelo fights will pay him more than the possible 3-5 fights he still has left in the tank combined.

Comment

When it comes to $$$, it's never enough although it isn't the most important thing in life.

Marquez said NO to a 5th fight with Pacquiao coz' obviously to him, "The Dinero" no matter how huge, isn't everything. He cared more about his health & safety.

Comment

if people were satisfied with just 25 million dollars you wouldn't have billionaires who run the entire government making sure they cut taxes for themselves. its the feeling of getting the money more than the actual money to spend

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
            Most posters feel that the GGG-Canelo rematch will go down regardless of PEDs and what not because there's just too much money. This argument is a very valid one, but GGG is already a millionaire. No?

I think we'd have to take into account the fact that a loss to a PED'd Canelo would still be a loss and a loss typically lowers a fighter's stock, unless they were nobody before. And then all the talk will ensure but in the end, it's an L and we know how detrimental L's are these days. GGG's time is running out of course. Would he rather take a few more million dollar paydays which they would be, against a number of opponents now. Sure, Canelo brings the mega-payday but is the L worth it? This is not to say Canelo would win even if he was allowed to cheat of course. It doesn't always work that way. But I must say, that this definitely keeps boxing corrupt. When guys don't make weight or are caught cheating, if most fighters pulled out of these fights, it seems that a lot of this would either stop or certain guys would just be like if you fight me, you know what you're going into and only certain guys would fight them-most likely those who need the money.

In closing, GGG is already a millionaire and while I know you can never have enough money in this life, maybe he's at a point where he can think about it at least. He doesn't seem like a guy who parties or blows his money on stupid ****. Maybe it's not the end all that some people claim. Or maybe it is. Thoughts?
            Gennady Golovkin has basically had a single real big payday to his career, also remembering that K2 bet on him after he'd basically been guided to fringe title level by Universum (Strurm's promoter).

From a purely dollars perspective, Golovkin has yet to make enough career money to simply walk away.

Beyond that point, with the belts that he has and his ticket selling ability being limited as he is, he's facing a point where he'd be mandated to take on a just peaking Jermall Charlo, or would delay that to fight the uber-slick Billy Joe Saunders, both fights that would be tough as hell and maybe get Golovkin $2m.

To make things even worse, Alvarez leaves the matchup with no obligation to anyone, continues to fight whomever he wants to fight, getting his $20m+.

Comment

Marquez said he felt Pac and roach weren't really interested in a 5th fight it was all bark he said they offered him 5million non negotiable which is what Bradley got paid and his fights with Pac were much bigger than Bradley's

Comment

I think the fight will take place on time. GGG really wants this win.

Comment

GGG may be a millionaire in terms of what he's grossed, but those taxes are a mother****er. I don't track what he's made in total since he's blown up but $1mill gets taxed at 39%, and he has to also pay his promoter, manager, and his whole squad. In other words, yeah he's probably a millionaire, but when you read a fighter is making $1 mill for a fight, he's not taking even 50% of that, he gotta pay taxes, promoter, manager, and team.

Comment

Working...
                  X