No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Really Hard To Find Opponents For Dmitry Bivol

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
    Yeah, not sure what Hearn can do though. Saunders is a better b side to the DAZN Middleweights than to risk him losing to Smith. Not a lot of big fight options at 168, that division is pretty thin outside the belt holders.
    168 is weak, but it's heating up.

BJS was garbage at 160 too, and now he doesn't have his nasal spray. I just want him to retire. He's been living his whole career off of beating Andy Lee (got outboxed for 10 rounds and won) and David Lemieux (lol)

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
      Smith was never leaving, it was just Joe Gallagher trying to get more money
      Did it work? Big purse for John Ryder? I try not to follow the business side of things until it's shoved down our throats on here.

Comment

Surely Canelo must be a discussion to be had if he beats kovalev?

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
          Did it work? Big purse for John Ryder? I try not to follow the business side of things until it's shoved down our throats on here.
          Id say so, you only need to see the state of the undercard to know Smith's getting a lot of money. By the sounds of it hes probably got a hometown stadium/PPV guaranteed for next year aswell

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
            Id say so, you only need to see the state of the undercard to know Smith's getting a lot of money. By the sounds of it hes probably got a hometown stadium/PPV guaranteed for next year aswell
            Jesus Christ, I just looked at the card. That's pitiful.

I didn't think Smith/Ryder was even a good fight, but damn at least I've heard of them before. I really hope it's not a PPV for you guys lol

Comment

Of course it is Eddie, that's because you have such great matchmakers like "the creep" Bottjer. They don't make fights, they "buy" fights... Get yourself a Brad Goodman or a John Benninatti, not that recycled garbage matchmaker you guys have.

Comment

168 is weak, but it's heating up.
                Ok, but who are the big fights for Smith at 168? Canelo is a big fight but I don't see it happening. Benavidez and Plant are good but not big names. After that..... I can't think of anybody.

Comment

Ok, but who are the big fights for Smith at 168? Canelo is a big fight but I don't see it happening. Benavidez and Plant are good but not big names. After that..... I can't think of anybody.
                  Canelo is a big fight, but it won't happen. Only big fight he has in the UK is against BJS.

Benavidez and Plant are the fights to make.

Comment

Originally posted by dot.c.eh View Post
                    Got a link to that interview man ?
                    Sure https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qxLgDOCsg4g

Comment

Canelo is a big fight, but it won't happen. Only big fight he has in the UK is against BJS.

Benavidez and Plant are the fights to make.
                      I think his next 2 fights will be BJS in the UK, and then if he wins, Jacobs in the US. Apparently BJS already agreed to fight Smith when signing for Matchroom. Jacobs is going to be put into the position to fight the Smith/BJS winner 2nd half of the year.

Its gunna depend on what Canelo wants, Hearn reckons he fancies the BJS fight, sounds like bull****. But if Canelo does actually want BJS, the Golovkin fight is possible in the UK, DAZN could go with it with the numbers Golovkin does in Germany.

Benavidez should happen if the WBC do the right thing, with Smith being somewhat of a mandatory, unlikely though

Comment

Working...
                      X