No announcement yet.

I'm from the US but the UK is on fire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm from the US but the UK is on fire

I watching the lead up and this place is BIG! They say they'll be 80k people there. AJs last fight was 90k. I dunno what it is but AJ seems to be the leader of ppv and seats.

Unlike in the US, UK boxers are heroes there.
    Hatton was the same.
    Hell, even Tomato Khan fills arenas.

Comment

For some reason Saturday evening has always been a dead zone for UK TV. You fill that void you clean up. Only trash talent shows are on. Theres no sports, have a late premier league match that finishes by 7pm. People in pubs, clear space on TV, everyone watches a Joshua fight, hes got no competition

Comment

Originally posted by OCPancho View Post
        Unlike in the US, UK boxers are heroes there.
        Hatton was the same.
        Hell, even Tomato Khan fills arenas.
        Pretty sad if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
          How is that any different than LeBron James , Jordan, Kobe and Tom Brady ?
          What's more sad is the Kardashians are celebs.

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
            irony

Comment

Eddie is trying to do the same in America but a lot of “boxing fans” seem to hate the idea?

I really don’t get it, maybe he won’t succeed but if you get the same sort of atmosphere over there for some fights everyone’s a winner!

Comment

We seem to have a different culture for supporting our fighters.

Comment

UK only 5 dollar ppv while Canelo in the US selling $85 ppv you gotta step your game up OP.
                  When they sell seats in UK Stadiums its also cheaper. Meanwhile you got celebrities buying 50k seat tickets in Murica. UK is poverty.
                  Last edited by GorillaDog; 09-22-2018, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
                    Eddie is trying to do the same in America but a lot of “boxing fans” seem to hate the idea?

I really don’t get it, maybe he won’t succeed but if you get the same sort of atmosphere over there for some fights everyone’s a winner!
                    I would hate to be around 80,000 drunk singing idiots.

Comment

Working...
                    X