Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Mayweather LIE to his fans putting up a poll then choosing Maidana over Khan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
    Yea but that was huge for Maidana not huge in the boxing world. Real peep knew Broner was a overrated. And Maidana got destroyed by Devon Alexander.
    destroyed????he lost a decision, Alexander was smart and clinched him the entire fight

Comment

Clowns trying to rewrite history and act like there wasn't a backlash over attempting to fight Khan back then. He was viewed as a cherry pick, and the significantly softer fight. Smh.

Comment

Originally posted by Lullaby View Post
        Anyone remember this??

Khan won that Poll something like 57 to 43%.

Why would you put up a twitter Poll infront of your 5+ Million twitter followers at that time, promising them that he'd fight the one they'd choose,making people vote on your poll Only to turn his arse back around and doing the OPPOSITE!!

Btw... This thread is NOT about who deserve the fight more blah blah,,, its about Mayweather FOOLING AND LYING to the fans and going BACK on his word!!

What was the use of all this drama?? Had he just picked Maidana and said in his opinion he deserved the fight more instead of pulling off some s***t like this he'd have gotten everyone's respect..

Thoughts??

As they say 'A Real Man's word is his bond' .. so it clearly shows what a disgrace Mayweather is!! How did he get away with that?
        It's called self-promotion. Just because you put a poll up doesn't mean you're going to do it. You're looking for community participation and telemetry.

Comment

I hate Floyd, but he would have beat Khan, and possibly even KO'ed him. Maidana deserved the fight over him. Get over it already.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
            dude Khan was coming off of a fight with freaking Julio Diaz where he even managed to get dropped..how would he had been a better opponents then WBA champ Maidana coming off of a win over Broner?
            I aint say Khan was better. Reason why he still aint get fights with Manny or Floyd to this day.

Comment

Floyd was very smart.

Maidana had a title, and a signature win over Floyd protege Broner as well as a style Floyd could handle.

Khan got too ****y, didn't have a title or a decent win at 147. He was just thinking his name would get him the fight.

I can't stand either guy, but Floyd made a very good business decision and Khan looked like he always does...a deluded, entitled prick.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
                I aint say Khan was better. Reason why he still aint get fights with Manny or Floyd to this day.
                Khan is ay 147..why is he not fighting..Spence,Crawford,Porter, Thurman?? hell why not even a Garcia rematch??..why is he focused on 40 year olds?

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                  Khan is ay 147..why is he not fighting..Spence,Crawford,Porter, Thurman?? hell why not even a Garcia rematch??..why is he focused on 40 year olds?
                  I cant stand him! Avoided his rival Brook and did nothing at 147 but feel entitled to big fights? Sad part he woulda made 147 a lil bit more interesting its not like he a boring fighter.

Comment

Working...
                  X