Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jorge Linares Would Love a Fight With Adrien Broner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't care what anyone says. Linares is the toughest fight for Broner at 135 even tougher than Burns and Vazquez

Comment

Linared needs to avenge his last two losses before he can even mention Broner's name and fight in the same sentence.

Comment

Beat Demarco in a rematch first.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Hans Landa View Post
          The Demarco stoppage was a good call.
          I just don't see that. it was a championship fight. Linares was hurt no doubt but it was still defending and about ready to slip a punch when Caiz almost tackles Linares. less than a mintue left, he wasn't saving Linares, just look at the video.

the majority of blood was from the bridge of his nose and the cut on his eye wasn't imparing his vision. Rosado had a far worse cut against GGG and Smoger gave him the benefit of the doubt. Linares wasn't defenseless.

you got an iffy stoppage and a universally known corrupt ref, to me that's a BS stoppage.

it's all subjective at the end of the day, personally I just can't see it being good.

Comment

Linares got a bad rap around here when the HBO crew went full ****** on his nuts during the De Marco debacle.

Not his fault that the commentators went all **** on him.

This is is a good matchup. Broner has the edge being undefeated, but Linares is the deepest water Broner's been in.

Would love to see this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              Well I'd rather that than Gavin Rees.

Linares is so skilled but the guys chin & his proneness to cutting is ridiculous.
              Anything is better than Gavin Rees.

Comment

Originally posted by rey guey View Post
                I just don't see that. it was a championship fight. Linares was hurt no doubt but it was still defending and about ready to slip a punch when Caiz almost tackles Linares. less than a mintue left, he wasn't saving Linares, just look at the video.

the majority of blood was from the bridge of his nose and the cut on his eye wasn't imparing his vision. Rosado had a far worse cut against GGG and Smoger gave him the benefit of the doubt. Linares wasn't defenseless.

you got an iffy stoppage and a universally known corrupt ref, to me that's a BS stoppage.

it's all subjective at the end of the day, personally I just can't see it being good.
                I want to agree with you here because it was a championship fight and, yeah, some CA refs have been disappointing lately. My two cents on it... I was at that fight and was facing Linares when he started to draw back to the ropes and I think he was done, his facial expression was enough for me but I can agree with the other stoppages. The nature of the fight warranted the stoppage IMO, he was wincing from every shot for a couple of rounds. Either way, I don't think Linares is finished either and would love to see this fight at any time.
                Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 02-04-2013, 11:50 PM.

Comment

I can't think of a better fight at 135 then this 1

Comment

lol, this site has went full ******. we are talking about a guy who 2 fights ago lost to a nameless mexican cab driver in the 2nd round. and this is a good fight? wtf am i even missing???

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                      we are talking about a guy who 2 fights ago lost to a nameless mexican cab driver in the 2nd round.
                      it's funny because it's true.

Linares is fragile as hell. and anyone who thinks he can get through 12 rounds without being hit by Broner is out of their gourd.

Comment

Working...
                      X