Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we ever know what happens in a Black Hole?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a supermassive black hole in the middle of almost every galaxy, including ours. Smaller galaxies may not have black holes, but we don't know for sure. That means black holes are essential to the universe. Since galaxies tend to form around black holes, that means black holes created the galaxy, and black holes have been around since the beginning of the universe. The gravitational pull of the black holes is what keeps that swirl going and keeps everything in its orbit. Black holes have a long lifespan, so in turn, so do galaxies.

Just don't get too close to it cause there's no coming back from that, you (or planets, stars) just get destroyed by it.

To people who think there's something on the other side, or it takes you to another place in time or another dimension: A black hole gets bigger as it consumes stars, dust and other particles in space. If it's getting bigger as it consumes things, then that means that these things that it's consuming are obviously staying inside of it, ripped to shreds and millions of pieces, and becoming part of the black hole. I think there's no going anywhere or any place or any dimension if you get sucked in by a black hole, you're just dead. Now part of the matter that makes the black hole so big.

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
      I think the movie interstellar explained a lot about the blackhole.
      Inside it you’ll be able to access the 5th dimension of the universe.
      Where time is a physical object where you can just walk and travel thru it lol
      Only constant in the universe even inside a blackhole is gravity. And love.

That film is the best sci fi movie I have watched.

To all fans of space, stars and mysteries I highly recommend it.
      And if english is not your mother tongue I suggest using subtitles as well since it’s quite difficult to understand without it.

That is Sci-fi, didn't think too much of the film to be honest.

The big bang and black holes are both singaralities, both might be outside space and time though.

Comment

I don't know...ask Serena Williams' husband.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          There's a supermassive black hole in the middle of almost every galaxy, including ours. Smaller galaxies may not have black holes, but we don't know for sure. That means black holes are essential to the universe. Since galaxies tend to form around black holes, that means black holes created the galaxy, and black holes have been around since the beginning of the universe. The gravitational pull of the black holes is what keeps that swirl going and keeps everything in its orbit. Black holes have a long lifespan, so in turn, so do galaxies.

Just don't get too close to it cause there's no coming back from that, you (or planets, stars) just get destroyed by it.

To people who think there's something on the other side, or it takes you to another place in time or another dimension: A black hole gets bigger as it consumes stars, dust and other particles in space. If it's getting bigger as it consumes things, then that means that these things that it's consuming are obviously staying inside of it, ripped to shreds and millions of pieces, and becoming part of the black hole. I think there's no going anywhere or any place or any dimension if you get sucked in by a black hole, you're just dead. Now part of the matter that makes the black hole so big.
          Kev I'm impressed with your black hole knowledge but, and no offense, but Larry's "a black hole is like the trash thing on your computer desktop" is easier for me to understand

I like his theory/explanation better

Comment

Comment

i'm sure there are ways to gather data and make a solid guess outside of flying into the thing. physics are physics, they'll be the same on earth as they are anywhere else. gravity, conservation of energy and mass, etc. ****'s boilerplate from planet to planet breh.

these things are hashed out on giant chalkboards by people who are a hell of a lot more inclined for the work than you and i. they've got what we call, "that big physics dick."
              Last edited by New England; 10-01-2018, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                i'm sure there are ways to gather data and make a solid guess outside of flying into the thing. physics are physics, they'll be the same on earth as they are anywhere else. gravity, conservation of energy and mass, etc. ****'s boilerplate from planet to planet breh.

these things are hashed out on giant chalkboards by people who are a hell of a lot more inclined for the work than you and i. they've got what we call, "that big physics dick."

Well, no, the laws of physics break down at black holes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  It's the best theory we got so far

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                    Well, no, the laws of physics break down at black holes.

the "laws of physics" do not break down. anywhere. they're universal throughout the universe. we don't understand how they interact and manifest within the conditions present in a black hole, have the language or the mathematics or the data to talk about or understand it, but it is not magic, i assure you. it is a tangible process and in time it will be described with words.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                      black hole is like the trash area on your computer

Comment

Working...
                      X